Author Topic: Mitch Marner  (Read 19842 times)

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Tank!!!
    • View Profile
Mitch Marner
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »
I figured he deserved his own thread. Nice article about MM at MLHS:

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016/10/27/how-mitch-marner-shatters-the-size-myth/

“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares

Offline herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Mitch Marner
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:25:25 PM »
I figured he deserved his own thread. Nice article about MM at MLHS:

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016/10/27/how-mitch-marner-shatters-the-size-myth/

I was thinking the same thing.

Also: Caption contest!

Make haste to the backcheck, my invisible steed! We must not let the foul Bruin a chance to claim the puck!

Offline TBLeafer

• Veteran
  • One with the Shanaplan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 02:32:53 PM »
Just a little extra NOS this time.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »
Meanwhile in Arizona, Dylan Strome is about to be a healthy scratch for his 3rd straight game: https://thebloggerstribune.com/2016/10/26/dylan-strome-hes-just-not-ready/

Offline McGarnagle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »
Meanwhile in Arizona, Dylan Strome is about to be a healthy scratch for his 3rd straight game: https://thebloggerstribune.com/2016/10/26/dylan-strome-hes-just-not-ready/

Seems a little unnecessarily mean spirited. (the article, not your post)

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 02:42:42 PM »

Still too early in both their careers to declare one a winner and one a bust.   Marner has 6 games played and Strome has 3.

It *appears* the Leafs have the better player right now, but who the hell knows?  We got lucky.  Had Arizona taken Marner at 3 the Leafs probably would have taken Strome at 4 (or maybe Hanifin)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:44:05 PM »

Really? The author is actually a pretty big Strome fan. He's mostly just preaching patience. If anything I thought my post was a little more mean spirited ;) (in a tongue-in-cheek way).

Offline McGarnagle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 02:45:19 PM »

Really? The author is actually a pretty big Strome fan. He's mostly just preaching patience. If anything I thought my post was a little more mean spirited ;) (in a tongue-in-cheek way).

Meh. I thought the trudeau meme was a bit much.

Offline herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »

S'up guys. What are you all talking about?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:57:04 PM by herman »

Online disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »

Marvelous Marner!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:48:39 PM by disco »
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline mr grieves

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »
He's looked less seasoned and sure of himself than Nylander or Matthews, but he also looks like he might be quickest and most agile of the three. The (relative) lack of production is, I think, both Bozak and JvR are often surprised by his passes -- whereas Nylander and Matthews are comparably skilled -- and also bad luck or figuring out the timing/space he has to get shots off. He's shooting 5.9% right now. Hopefully, when Nylander and Matthews slow down, Marner figures things out and heats up for a bit...

Offline No.92

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 07:50:07 PM »
He's looked less seasoned and sure of himself than Nylander or Matthews, but he also looks like he might be quickest and most agile of the three. The (relative) lack of production is, I think, both Bozak and JvR are often surprised by his passes -- whereas Nylander and Matthews are comparably skilled -- and also bad luck or figuring out the timing/space he has to get shots off. He's shooting 5.9% right now. Hopefully, when Nylander and Matthews slow down, Marner figures things out and heats up for a bit...

Pffftt!  Nylander and Matthews aren't slowing down.  They're both going to score 130pts in their rookie seasons. 

Online disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 09:10:22 PM »
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »
Damn awesome... Enough said.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »
Hopefully, when Nylander and Matthews slow down, Marner figures things out and heats up for a bit...

Ask, and ye shall receive.  Pray, and thy prayers shall not fall stillborn, yea, they shall fly straight to the ears of the LORD.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »