Author Topic: Anaheim Scouting Leafs games: Lindholm? Fowler?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Anaheim Scouting Leafs games: Lindholm? Fowler?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »
Nolan Patrick, of the little bits and pieces I have seen of him really doesn't strike me as the guy the Leafs should target.

Even this year with 9 points in 6 games doesn't strike me as a guy who should be the #1 pick.  Over his WHL career he has 168 points in 136 games.  Good stats, but not outright #1 stats. 

With the Leafs being pretty set in terms of quality forward depth (maybe could use a winger or two) but lacking in a top 4 defenseman or two, I think I would be leaning toward Lligegren at this point.

The Leafs very well could score enough to win their share of points but I think they are also going to have a lot of games like last night where goaltending/defense can't hold leads or younger players will make mistakes and take penalties trying to compensate.   The team still has a decent chance of being in the bottom 5.  Outside of maybe Phoenix, Carolina and Columbus I'm having a hard time identifying a team that is outright worse than the Leafs on paper.

It would have to be a pretty spectacular player coming back if the Leafs aren't at least top 3 protecting their pick.

Offline herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 12:57:26 PM »
No JvR at practice today... Holland draws in at LW. Probably nothing more than maintenance.

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 01:02:51 PM »
No JvR at practice today... Holland draws in at LW. Probably nothing more than maintenance.

JVR to Anaheim (e5) #Lindholm

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
I got trolled so hard.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
http://theleafsnation.com/2017/2/9/why-the-brandon-montour-to-toronto-speculation-makes-no-sense

It was a boring day for TSN since the Leafs didn't practice after the B2B. So naturally they're going to slot in Nylander into every possible trade conversation. Or at least try to.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »