Author Topic: Bleeding Blue  (Read 1560 times)

Offline TBLeafer

• Veteran
  • One with the Shanaplan!
    • View Profile
Bleeding Blue
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:28:03 AM »
The one and only Wendel Clark ladies and gentlemen!

Online LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Tank!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bleeding Blue
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »
From Babcock's media address prior to the game against Chicago (and pulled from MLHS). Pardon if this is a re-post, I just thought it was entertaining how annoyed he is getting asked about Panik, like the Leafs traded away a superstar.

That group of role players for the Hawks keeps changing year after year. One of the guys is Panik. He’s got five goals, two assists right now…

Babcock: He was a Leaf. Yeah, it’s hard to believe that he… anyway, whatever.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares

Online disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 12:15:18 AM »

Happy fifty Wendel! Sharpshooter, bone-crusher, face-puncher... gave the best 5 years of his career to crazy old Ballard and terrible teams. Captured the magic later with Dougie and brought city to it's feet! Hope he is well!

photo: Peter Ing, Ric Nattress, Dave McLlwain, Rick Vaive, drawing a blank, Wendel and the legendary Dan Daoust.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:30:12 PM by disco »
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:17:28 PM »
looks like Don Maloney on the blank????
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »
looks like Don Maloney on the blank????

I think you've got it!
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
Donny not looking to bad for an ol fart like me
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

Didn't know that Wendel is all-time Leaf leader in playoff goals. And the dude was on pace for 60 in 1994, notching 46 goals in 64 games.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:31:42 PM by disco »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 03:57:15 AM »
Nice photo of the Leafs celebrating Captain Crunch's birthday.

Brings back memories of Vaive and Dan Maloney.  The former, attempting to please fans wanting his autograph while a Jacuzzi salesman kept shoving his card nearly up Vaive's nose, and the latter, Maloney....now we know how opponents felt with "Dangerous" Dan skating up the wing.  Maloney's car wouldn't start, fans chanting for autographs, his face turning beet red, etc.,...my (late) brother and I were a tad afraid but "Dangerous" Dan was gracious and smiling thereafter to us fans.   Thank goodness.  :)

All of that was in the 1980's, not a great time for Leaf fans nor players.  But, memorable moments nevertheless.  :)

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 01:18:04 AM »

Didn't know that Wendel is all-time Leaf leader in playoff goals. And the dude was on pace for 60 in 1994, notching 46 goals in 64 games.

Also never lost a tooth playing hockey.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 07:00:50 AM »
Couldn't figure where to put this, maybe a 'classic' Leaf thread or something? Anywho, Mike Murphy led Leafs, all the crap that led up to the Potvin Hextall fight, kinda sweet. A very young Mats around 7:20 on the bench. Some Wendel, especially coming back down the runway picking his teeth while the Leafs refused to leave the ice before the Flyers.

[youtube]2y4CtQA9MIc[/youtube]
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 09:13:36 AM »
[youtube]WiPxTEG2Ax8[/youtube]

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 02:31:38 AM »
Couldn't figure where to put this, maybe a 'classic' Leaf thread or something? Anywho, Mike Murphy led Leafs, all the crap that led up to the Potvin Hextall fight, kinda sweet. A very young Mats around 7:20 on the bench. Some Wendel, especially coming back down the runway picking his teeth while the Leafs refused to leave the ice before the Flyers.

[youtube]2y4CtQA9MIc[/youtube]

I remember the Potvin-Hextall fight though I have vague memories of that game. That's what one calls passion, leadership, and pride.  Geez, was it that long ago?!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 02:31:38 AM »