Author Topic: Auston Matthews  (Read 44964 times)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Auston Matthews
« Reply #675 on: November 04, 2017, 07:40:12 AM »
(*sigh*)  If not for Auston...

..and...

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 07, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
Auston talked about even though not being 100% he can still contribute. A very astute observation from the sophomore center...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:59:38 PM by disco »
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 08, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
"Didn't have the same power", that was noticeable as the game went on the other night.  He started well but seemed to fade a bit as the game wore on.  Hopefully he can get back to 100%

Online Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 11, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
The question must be asked:

Is Matthews still necessary?

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 11, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »

Really, Really Dude. Are you kidding?

Online Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2017, 09:58:52 PM »
Please, Jim Hughson, please stop calling Komarov "the Russian heat-seeking missile".
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline disco

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »
I miss our captain.
"I'm here for (6) more years. Then I'm gonna stay for two more because we'll be really good." - Coach Mike Babcock

Online AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2017, 11:46:19 PM »

Matthews for Parayko.  Get it done Lou.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 12, 2017, 10:02:39 AM »
Hopefully Leafs are being extra cautious with Matthews.  They've won 3 straight without him so all is well and now they have a break until Thursday.  Let's get these sport science guys to earn their money and have Auston back at 100%

Offline sickbeast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 12, 2017, 11:50:40 AM »
Hopefully Leafs are being extra cautious with Matthews.  They've won 3 straight without him so all is well and now they have a break until Thursday.  Let's get these sport science guys to earn their money and have Auston back at 100%
Yeah I have to say I'm completely shocked.  Matthews was pretty much carrying the team throughout the start of the season.  Some guys really stepped up with Matthews out.

The Leafs are showing they are a very good team.

I'm curious to see what they are going to do with Soshnikov.  He's got to be better than some of the defensemen we have been using.  Hopefully the Leafs find a way to keep him.  I have a feeling that he's in the AHL right now due to asset management.  We may see a minor trade or two this week.

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 12, 2017, 12:07:54 PM »
Yeah I have to say I'm completely shocked.  Matthews was pretty much carrying the team throughout the start of the season.  Some guys really stepped up with Matthews out.

The Leafs are showing they are a very good team.

I'm curious to see what they are going to do with Soshnikov.  He's got to be better than some of the defensemen we have been using.  Hopefully the Leafs find a way to keep him.  I have a feeling that he's in the AHL right now due to asset management.  We may see a minor trade or two this week.

Soshnikov is not a defenseman, but your point taken, he's better than Moore or Martin (or Leivo IMO) and too good to just let bolt to the KHL so they have to figure out something with him in the next 2 days or so.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »
Soshnikov is not a defenseman, but your point taken, he's better than Moore or Martin (or Leivo IMO) and too good to just let bolt to the KHL so they have to figure out something with him in the next 2 days or so.

It's really not a difficult problem to fix. Send down the Goat (who isn't going to play anyway) and call-up Soshnikov.

A part of me thinks that Gauthier (and Kapanen earlier) got the call-ups before Soshnikov did so they could collect some NHL salaries instead of their two-way AHL deals for a little bit before they called up Soshnikov full-time and filled up the roster.

Offline sickbeast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
I'm wondering if when Matthews comes back if Babcock can put him on a line with Marner and Marleau.  I'm genuinely curious to see what would happen.  Marleau and Marner have played extremely well together.  Plus it would let Nylander face some easier opposition and get out of his funk, hopefully.

Offline Coco-puffs

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 13, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »
Please, Jim Hughson, please stop calling Komarov "the Russian heat-seeking missile".

I'm guessing its because he was born in Estonia and represents Finland internationally?  Because, a heat-seeking missile is pretty apt.  (59 hits, 4th in the league)

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 13, 2017, 10:17:38 AM »
I think what Hughson said was hit-seeking missile.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #689 on: November 13, 2017, 10:17:38 AM »