Author Topic: Randy Carlyle After JVR for Fowler +?  (Read 3440 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Randy Carlyle After JVR for Fowler +?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
Let's say we get Lindholm.

Do you run him with Rielly, or do you run him on the second pairing backing up Gardiner - Rielly?

I like the Gardiner - Rielly pairing, as Rielly really needs shot suppression help.

Lindholm had the 3rd best shot suppression number relative to teammates in the league last season among defencemen, so he could just as easily help with that.

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »

Do you run him with Rielly, or do you run him on the second pairing backing up Gardiner - Rielly?

I like the Gardiner - Rielly pairing, as Rielly really needs shot suppression help.

Lindholm had the 3rd best shot suppression number relative to teammates in the league last season among defencemen, so he could just as easily help with that.

Well I'm sold.

Online Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 10:14:16 AM »

Well I'm sold.

I'm thinking a better fit might be Minnesota for Dumba or Brodin.  I like Lindholm.  Just not sure that he is going to be the one that they move.
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline TBLeafer

• Veteran
  • One with the Shanaplan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 10:20:52 AM »
Why be so critical and suspicious of a rumour in your neverending campaign to discredit?

Because you posted it to the Media Rumours board. I was pointing out it didn't really fit the definition and what was being reported was almost certainly false. Now that it's been moved by the mods to the General Rumours and Speculation board, I'm happy to speculate on the general idea of trading for Fowler. Observe:

I think Fowler would be our #3 LHD. As such, I don't think he should be a major target of our one big remaining trade chip in JVR. Ideally JVR will be used to land a pick/prospect that projects out to potentially be a top pairing partner for Rielly or even a #1. Lindholm yes, Fowler nah.

Even Fowler + Ritchie for JVR?  Ya know, the big power forward many Leafs fans wanted drafted over Nylander?

At least we now know that he isn't Tyler Biggs.  ;)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 10:24:48 AM »
Even Fowler + Ritchie for JVR? Ya know, the big power forward many Leafs fans wanted drafted over Nylander?

Adding Ritchie does nothing in terms of potentially adding a top pairing defenseman. And he didn't do much as a rookie to lend much to the arguments those Leafs fans made in the past.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »
Even Fowler + Ritchie for JVR?  Ya know, the big power forward many Leafs fans wanted drafted over Nylander?

Pretty much nobody here wanted Ritchie drafted. We were all terrified at the possibility.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 10:26:46 AM »
If we're targeting a prospect/young player in the Ducks' system as the 2nd piece in the deal, it should be Theodore.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »
If we're targeting a prospect/young player in the Ducks' system as the 2nd piece in the deal, it should be Theodore.

That's not a bad idea but I think the general feeling is that it's the presence of Theodore that makes Anaheim inclined to trade a defenseman in the first place.

What about Brandon Montour though? I only know his AHL numbers but they're pretty good and he's a RHD.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline TBLeafer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »

Pretty much nobody here wanted Ritchie drafted. We were all terrified at the possibility.

Oh good, I've found the right place then.  :)

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 10:39:38 AM »
That's not a bad idea but I think the general feeling is that it's the presence of Theodore that makes Anaheim inclined to trade a defenseman in the first place.

What about Brandon Montour though? I only know his AHL numbers but they're pretty good and he's a RHD.

Maybe, though I think a significant motivator for Anaheim in dealing a defenceman is that they'll almost certainly lose one of Lindholm, Fowler, Despres, or Vatanen in the expansion draft, and they'd prefer to get value for one of them now, instead. Obviously, they'd prefer to hold on to Theodore to fill that void, though.

Montour is definitely intriguing in terms of his offensive potential. I don't know much about him past that, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Big Daddy

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 12:57:42 PM »
JVR for Thoadore and Ritchie

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
I hope we don't deal JVR, I think he is a keeper.

Offline TBLeafer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »

I honestly think the next trade chip to fall is Bozak.

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
I could live with that.

Offline No.92

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »

Agreed.  Why would you get rid of a proven commodity at the prime of his career for potentially unknowns.  Sure we need a 1A or 1B defenseman to go with Rielly but try to figure out another way.  He's our 1st line winger and if you get rid of him then you'll be trying to fill that 1st line winger position now.  I would be totally fine if we can bring in some less flashy, defensive defencemen from the Marlies or free agency.  We already have our flashy, mobile defensemen in Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev, and maybe Carrick.  We don't need another. 

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »