Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
Euro 2016
« on: June 11, 2016, 04:47:40 PM »

LOLEngland.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 04:56:19 PM »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 06:06:48 PM »
The official UEFA Euro 2016 website.  Click here for all the latest:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/

Offline harps64

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:49:35 AM »
Some very good games so far, the Welsh seem to great team unity and chemistry. Looking forward to watching Ireland play Sweden tomorrow.

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Ok Blue Jays
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »
Belgium in a tough group.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »

Also, England and Russia might get kicked out of the tournament if their fans don't stop beating the crap out of each other on the streets of Marseille.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/12/uefa-open-disciplinary-proceedings-russia-england-marseille-euro-2016

Never change, Soccer, never change.
-Mark Twain

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »

Wales vs. England, loser has to leave the European Union.

Gareth Bale scores from the next town over, 1-0 Cymru.
-Mark Twain

Offline Jolly good show chaps

• Rookie
  • Pip pip
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »

Also, England and Russia might get kicked out of the tournament if their fans don't stop beating the crap out of each other on the streets of Marseille.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/12/uefa-open-disciplinary-proceedings-russia-england-marseille-euro-2016

Never change, Soccer, never change.

In that case at least the trouble seems to be almost entirely instigated by the Russians. What happened in the stadium certainly was down to them and all accounts report the pre match fighting was planned by the Russian hooligans (who came heavily armed, many of whom were in uniforms).

Not letting our fans fully off the hook though - we do have a significant number of twagheads who like to pile shame on the rest of us who wouldn't even dream about kicking off at a game.

• Rookie
  • Pip pip
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »

Very topical - I'm certainly voting leave next Thursday.

Almost suprised we went for the win knowing our negative manager. But to be fair they were there for the taking.

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 07:37:00 PM »
After Northern Ireland's win over the Ukraine (the highlight of my sporting supporting life so far) I've now booked myself on a flight to Paris on Tuesday morning and got my hands on a ticket for the Northern Ireland v Germany game in Parc Des Princes. I cannot wait to get over. My dad has been over for the whole tournament so far and says the atmosphere among our fans has been stunning.

A draw will qualify us for the next round as well. Even if we lose I am spot proud of the performances that got us there and the win against Ukraine. We've less than 50 professional players to choose from and could make it to the last 16 of Europe.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

• Rookie
  • Pip pip
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 04:54:01 AM »
After Northern Ireland's win over the Ukraine (the highlight of my sporting supporting life so far) I've now booked myself on a flight to Paris on Tuesday morning and got my hands on a ticket for the Northern Ireland v Germany game in Parc Des Princes. I cannot wait to get over. My dad has been over for the whole tournament so far and says the atmosphere among our fans has been stunning.

A draw will qualify us for the next round as well. Even if we lose I am spot proud of the performances that got us there and the win against Ukraine. We've less than 50 professional players to choose from and could make it to the last 16 of Europe.

I reckon you're ok anyway.  Hoping as many of the home nations make it through as possible, although not looking good for the Republic.

Offline anton girdeaux

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »

I'm voting to stay, but back to the football...

Thought England played well & deserved to beat Wales; a draw or loss would have been brown trousers time come Monday & having to get a win against the Slovaks. The 90+2 goal allowed against Russia was poor, so poor.

• Rookie
  • Pip pip
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
Yeah, the Russia game was everything that is typically bad about the England team (lack of killer instinct, weaknesses, poor tactics and use of subs) and why we won't get near to winning the tournament.

Maybe it will be different with Vardy in the team but I'd be much happier with two forwards.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:20:44 AM by Jolly good show chaps »

Offline anton girdeaux

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 09:18:28 AM »
Yeah, the Russia game was everything that is typically bad about the England team (lack of killer instinct, weaknesses, poor tactics and use of subs) and why we won't get near to winning the tournament.

Maybe it will be different with Vardy in the team but I'd be much happier with two forwards.

If England had taken their chances, they'd have put that game to bed long before the Russian equaliser. Agree about Vardy; I think he's the guy that'll do the dirty work & be a threat goal wise.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 09:21:14 AM »

I was rooting for Iceland to advance so was a little bummed out by the late equalizer yesterday. Still, if they can beat Austria they should still be through.
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 09:21:14 AM »