Author Topic: Marlies non-coverage  (Read 815 times)

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Marlies non-coverage
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »
Thought I had already posted this.

Does anyone have an idea who we can send emails complaining to the TML management about the almost non coverage of the Marlies. We fans truly deserve better and so do the Marlies. If we had an email to complain to or take up a small petition within this site to send in then perhaps things might improve.
One would expect with the high expectations for the Marlies that this thing should be exploited a lot more so we can see the next wave of Leaf's actually playing for something.

Last night was disgusting!
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
Re: Marlies non-coverage
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if Rogers and Bell aren't inclined to show AHL games on any of the 8000+ combined channels they own it's because there's not much of an audience for them outside of folks like us. 

Sportsnet can't get people to watch the NHL playoffs that they're paying hundreds of millions of dollars to broadcast. I'm guessing introducing another option for hockey fans isn't really high on their list of priorities.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »
The games are being broadcasted on RogersTV and LeafsTV. Sure, they're not big channels, but you're not getting the Marlies on Sportsnet when the NHL playoffs are happening. And there's been plenty of media covering the team, with Marlies stories appearing the websites of CBC, Sportsnet, the Star, and the Sun recently. Then there's the blogosphere of course too.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:14:25 PM »
Hey CTB I am out in Collingwood and there was no showings of the game last night.  I don't mind even the terrible one camera coverage, but at least put it on the air. Sorry to grip but I am actually more excited to watch these kidz than the Leafs at the moment..of course this will change next year when half the Marlies are on the big team. LOL
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:43:04 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/

Go here before each game and someone will be streaming each game over the internet, each game will have a separate thread.

After hockeystreams.com died I watched every Leafs game via the above site.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 04:47:06 PM »
Hey CTB I am out in Collingwood and there was no showings of the game last night.  I don't mind even the terrible one camera coverage, but at least put it on the air. Sorry to grip but I am actually more excited to watch these kidz than the Leafs at the moment..of course this will change next year when half the Marlies are on the big team. LOL

Then you have an issue with your local television provider, not the Leafs. Call them to see how you can get RogersTV and LeafsTV if you want to watch.

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Tank!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 01:20:26 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/

Go here before each game and someone will be streaming each game over the internet, each game will have a separate thread.

After hockeystreams.com died I watched every Leafs game via the above site.

User Nic Cage puts up a HD YouTube stream of all Marlies games there.
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »