Author Topic: Reimer Injury  (Read 35769 times)

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
Re: Reimer Injury
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 10:58:33 AM »
"The doctors took a look at me and just figured that it'd be best if they erred on the side of caution. I felt bad that I had to put [Gustavsson] in that position, but I thought he played really well. I might have to buy him a dinner or something like that."

Damnit James, you're the hardest person to dislike!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
mirtle: Ron Wilson said yesterday, however, that it was "very likely" Reimer could play Thursday against the Rangers. We'll have update shortly.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Erndog

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 11:06:34 AM »
mirtle: Ron Wilson said yesterday, however, that it was "very likely" Reimer could play Thursday against the Rangers. We'll have update shortly.

Paul Hendricks reports
http://twitter.com/#!/HennyTweets
Bozak is likely for tonight, Reimer likely back Thursday in NY as is ..... Connolly.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »

Paul Hendricks reports
Bozak is likely for tonight, Reimer likely back Thursday in NY as is ..... Connolly.

Connolly, really?!  I was expecting Godot before Connolly.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

Paul Hendricks reports

;D

Post of the day. 

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »

Paul Hendricks reports

:) ... or even Guffman...
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline OurHometown.ca

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
    • OurHometown.ca
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
Good to hear that it is not too serious and that he may go tomorrow night.

I like the Monster...but it brings up the question....should the Buds be looking for another backup?
OurHometown.ca

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

I like the Monster...but it brings up the question....should the Buds be looking for another backup?

Have to give Gustavsson a few more starts to be fair, but it's a possibility.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »

Steve Mason this year: 0-7-1, 3.53 GAA, .878SV%. Gus could see a whack of ice there which some have stated he needs...

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »

Steve Mason this year: 0-7-1, 3.53 GAA, .878SV%. Gus could see a whack of ice there which some have stated he needs...

I mix up my mason's.  Is this Winnipeg or Columbus?

Offline Hockey_gal

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

I mix up my mason's.  Is this Winnipeg or Columbus?

Columbus

Offline Peter D.

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »

What the heck has happened to Mason?  I loved the Jim Carey reference I read somewhere the other day.

If Columbus decides to find a new goalie, and goes through this massive shakeup, I doubt Gustavsson is the guy they'd go after.  I'm thinking more a Schneider who is waiting for that break to be a #1.

Do the Leafs need another backup?  I don't know.  I'm not ready to write Gustavsson's season off just yet.  Is Turco the route to go?  Again, I'm not sold on that either.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »

What the heck has happened to Mason?  I loved the Jim Carey reference I read somewhere the other day.

If Columbus decides to find a new goalie, and goes through this massive shakeup, I doubt Gustavsson is the guy they'd go after.  I'm thinking more a Schneider who is waiting for that break to be a #1.

Do the Leafs need another backup?  I don't know.  I'm not ready to write Gustavsson's season off just yet.  Is Turco the route to go?  Again, I'm not sold on that either.

I don't think I've been overly unfair with Gustavsson though some might disagree. I mean, I'm not exactly ready to toss him aside as some have suggested. I agree he has potential but needs to play more to get there but here in Toronto, after 6 years (or whatever it is) of missing the playoffs is this the time/place to give Gus the time he needs? The reason I mention Columbus is because they're getting shoddy goaltending and while they are as desperate to make the playoffs as we are, at some point (and maybe some point soon) its going to be too late. Sure, Schneider would be the better guy maybe the decide to pay a smaller price for Gus. As far as needing another backup is concerned, yes, I feel we need one... and a good one. At this point, neither Gus or Scrivens is pushing Reimer to be his best. Not that its happening now but I feel there is a chance for complacency with Reimer. There is no competition for him right now and I feel that's probably not a good thing.   

Edit: ... and I'm not sure Turco is the answer.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:09:33 PM by Floyd »

Offline Michael

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
So, apparently after practice Gustavsson came off the ice and mentioned to reporters that Reimer has a concussion. The reporters went to Wilson who had to do some damage control and explain that it is just whiplash symptoms.

Then I just read this from Dreger:
Concussed or not, that's how Leafs are treating Reimer. Told he felt fine and then not so good. Plan is to shelve him until sure he's better

This doesn't sound great.

Offline Stebro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
So, apparently after practice Gustavsson came off the ice and mentioned to reporters that Reimer has a concussion. The reporters went to Wilson who had to do some damage control and explain that it is just whiplash symptoms.

Then I just read this from Dreger:
Concussed or not, that's how Leafs are treating Reimer. Told he felt fine and then not so good. Plan is to shelve him until sure he's better

This doesn't sound great.
Ugh, well, in worst case scenario he can be day-to-day for a long time.  :(
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess. Only one feat is possible; not to run away.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »