Author Topic: The Donald  (Read 71837 times)

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Donald
« Reply #1380 on: January 17, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »

That Trump is 239 lbs might be the most outrageous lie this administration has ever peddled.

Everything other than his height seems suspicious.

The height is fabricated too:

Measurements of 6'3" and 239 pounds puts him (deliberately) 1 pound under considered obese.  He's clearly no more than 6'1" and almost certainly more than 239 pounds, so there's really no question that he's obese and they're significantly fudging the numbers.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline mr grieves

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 19, 2018, 11:08:19 AM »
Yeah, that's a colossal bunch of nonsense that he weighs 239 lbs.

The doc (who for all accounts and purposes is a completely reputable doctor) also claims that Trump's "overall health is excellent" despite being 1 listed pound away from being obese, not having any kind of exercise regime, and only sleeping 4-5 hours a night. And it's no secret that he eats like garbage. Ok.

All the energy going into debunking this -- sir, the lies stop here, SIR -- while CHIP goes unfunded, a DACA fix isn't passed (without Dems trading away big cuts to the visa lottery), Jeff freakin Sessions is given control of a security apparatus that'll likely to be used to target BLM and other activists as threats to national security is.... weird.

I think the doctor's report is cool. It'll make it really funny when Trump has a heart attack on the toilet trying to poop out 6 lbs of filet o' fish and charred gristle.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:23 PM »
So this is pretty much Rome burning at this point?  Secret memos that the IC are saying are full of inaccuracies forced the deputy director of the FBI to step down.  The Republicans aren't just propping Trump up at this point, they are actively running obstruction for him.

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 31, 2018, 02:35:34 PM »
Does every Trump appointee literally do the exact opposite of what the job posting is for?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/30/cdc-director-tobacco-stocks-after-appointment-316245

The Trump administration’s top public health official [Brenda Fitzgerald] bought shares in a tobacco company one month into her leadership of the agency charged with reducing tobacco use — the leading cause of preventable disease and death and an issue she had long championed.

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 31, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
Does every Trump appointee literally do the exact opposite of what the job posting is for?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/30/cdc-director-tobacco-stocks-after-appointment-316245

The Trump administration’s top public health official [Brenda Fitzgerald] bought shares in a tobacco company one month into her leadership of the agency charged with reducing tobacco use — the leading cause of preventable disease and death and an issue she had long championed.

Tobacco companies are also introducing less harmful alternatives to smoking. 

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 31, 2018, 05:37:43 PM »

Tobacco companies are also introducing less harmful alternatives to smoking. 

The "alternatives" - - e-cigarettes or vaping - - may not be so healthy either.  Though while largely inconclusive, studies (done on mice) have linked them to a slew of health damage.

Story:
http://nationalpost.com/news/world/e-cigarettes-may-lead-to-cancer-and-heart-disease-new-study-finds

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 01, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »

Does this surprise anybody anymore?

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 01, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »

You just really have to wonder what it says about a person who lies about things that are not only pathetic to care so much about but are easy to check.

Well, I mean, we don't wonder as we can see what kind of person he is but it's still ridiculous.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Bates

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 01, 2018, 10:08:33 AM »
I spend about 4 months each winter in Arizona and golf daily with whoever they pair me up with.  Last year I had a daily conversations with Americans about Politics and they were from both sides of the spectrum.  This year I have been here for two months now and have not heard even 5 things said about Politics.  It seems few are even paying attention to the mess that is occurring and are kinda turned away as if that means it is isn't happening because they aren't looking??  Will be interesting to see how that changes in a couple years as next election approaches.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 15, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »

Yes, clearly the fault of this tragedy lays at the feet of the children and teachers who were shot at. JFC.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 15, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »
Report it to the authorities, eh? They do so much. I mean, how often do we hear that the shooter in these incidents was known by law enforcement, etc. Reporting them does absolutely nothing.

But, the Victim Blamer in chief would never let such an obvious fact get in the way of a stupid opinion.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 15, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
Report it to the authorities, eh? They do so much. I mean, how often do we hear that the shooter in these incidents was known by law enforcement, etc. Reporting them does absolutely nothing.

Whaaaat that never happens...

Offline cabber24

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 15, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
USA and their guns is beyond comprehension. I don't know what I would do as parent in US?
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 15, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »
USA and their guns is beyond comprehension. I don't know what I would do as parent in US?

It's ingrained in their psyche too.  I remember working once with this lady from the U.S., she seemed normal around the office, then one day we got into the topic of guns...bad mistake.  She turned totally vehement about her right to own a gun and protect herself...I stepped away slowly.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 15, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »

But, the Victim Blamer in chief would never let such an obvious fact get in the way of a stupid opinion.

Exactly. You report him to the authorities and then what? They follow him around 24/7? I mean, it might be nice if the US decided that dangerous and erratic folk who've been reported to the authorities, say, couldn't buy an AR-15 but this was in Florida, where anyone can buy a gun like that at a private gun show without background checks. People on the no-fly list can buy whatever guns they want.

He just has a complete and total lack of knowledge about the laws of his own country and the policies of the party he's supposedly the head of.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1394 on: February 15, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »