Author Topic: Greg McKegg  (Read 13068 times)

Offline Bleeding Blue & White

• Rookie
  • TMLFans Blogger
    • View Profile
Greg McKegg
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
McKegg was named OHL played of the week after registering six assists in one game.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=595409&navid=DL%7CTOR%7Chome

pretty impressive, I think McKegg will be a solid top six forward for us down the line!  Oh did I mention my friend went to highschool with him? 
"Make your own Luck" - Chris Jones. My life philosophy

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
Re: Greg McKegg
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
McKegg was named OHL played of the week after registering six assists in one game.

pretty impressive, I think McKegg will be a solid top six forward for us down the line!  Oh did I mention my friend went to highschool with him?

I actually knew a guy who played on Eerie with him. He wasn't that good though haha.

But he said he had a high skill level, was a great guy.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »

I actually knew a guy who played on Eerie with him. He wasn't that good though haha.

But he said he had a high skill level, was a great guy.

Greg McKegg suffered a slight concusion.

http://www.goerieblogs.com/sports/shootout/
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
McKegg's been traded to London from Erie.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
Hopefully that turns around his miserable season.  Playing for Erie this year must have been painful.  The Knights are very young so I'm a little surprised that they pulled the trigger on this.  It's a testament to their depth as this wasn't supposed to be the year that this roster attempted to contend...that was supposed to be next year.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
McKegg's been traded to London from Erie.

Not a surprise. They traded away an OA defender earlier in the day and if I remember correctly unloaded another player a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully he has a good playoff run to (likely) end his OHL career.

Offline WAYNEINIONA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 06:26:55 AM »
I've been hoping for this trade ever since he was drafted by the Leafs. Now we'll see what he can do with some real linemates.

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »
2 pts last night , lets see how much he gets tonight. this trade I think will set him on fire for the rest of the season.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
To add, it's a really nice spot for McKegg in the event that he gets sent back to the OHL for an overage year as the Knights roster is really designed to win for the next 2-3 years.  Half their roster are 94/95s so it isn't the end of the world if he gets caught in the numbers game. 

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
To add, it's a really nice spot for McKegg in the event that he gets sent back to the OHL for an overage year as the Knights roster is really designed to win for the next 2-3 years.  Half their roster are 94/95s so it isn't the end of the world if he gets caught in the numbers game.

Yeah. London seems like a really good fit for him, and, to be honest, I almost hope he does get sent back for his overage season. He's got great tools, but, I think he needs the right coaching staff to help him put things together.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline WAYNEINIONA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
The Knights are first in the OHL and ranked second in Canada. He should get some serious post season experience as well and possibly a shot at winning the Memorial Cup. I saw him in an interview on the London news and you could tell he was thrilled with the trade. He lives in St Thomas so he's only 20 mins away.

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
A buddy of mine is at the London/Barrie game, he bbm'd saying McKegg has a goal and assist so far. 2-1 London right now.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
A buddy of mine is at the London/Barrie game, he bbm'd saying McKegg has a goal and assist so far. 2-1 London right now.

Man, I didn't bother looking at McKegg's Erie stats beyond points.  34 points in 35 games.  -39

14 of the 27 worst +/- are from the Otters.  Poor Sondre Olden.

Offline nutman

• Veteran
  • Marner... This kid has game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »
Not to shabby 2-2 in his first two games with london.

Offline Big Daddy

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
McKegg is going to love playing with the newly acquired Austin Watson from the Petes.  He is a 30 goal man who can fly.  Puempul would also be incredible but I think this deal is pretty much completed.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »