Author Topic: McCrimmon  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
McCrimmon
« on: June 10, 2015, 01:22:40 PM »
Rumours out there that Brandon Wheat Kings Owner/GM/Coach Kelly McCrimmon will be Leafs GM.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: McCrimmon
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »
As GM? Interesting. It's been known that they offered him a job but I didn't expect it to be for that. So much for needing NHL experience in the front office. I guess Cliffy has that covered though!

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
Whomever it is will be a puppet between Shanny and Babcock, I'd have to think?

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
All I've seen is that he was offered a "management" position and the deadline for acceptance is June 11.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »
Whomever it is will be a puppet between Shanny and Babcock, I'd have to think?

I'm not convinced that Babcock is going to be #2 on the totem poll. I think that Hunter would probably be that guy, with Dubas/Babcock/GM all on the next ring.

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
Yeah, forgot about Dubas...

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »

I can't specifically doubt this because I'm out of the loop but I will say that it strikes me as a little unlikely that for what is largely assumed to be a sort of subordinate role that will, I assume, mainly have to do with things dealing with the Leafs pro club and their day-to-day business that they'd go outside the NHL for it.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 02:16:37 PM »
My guess is if McCrimmon comes on board, it will be Hunter who is named GM.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 02:40:23 PM »
Well, Mark Hunter, when they hired Hunts last year, I said home run. The two guys that I know that are two of the best hockey men, period, there’s a guy named Kelly McCrimmon, and there’s a guy named Mark Hunter. They’re the guys for me. They just flat out do it year after year after year. They find players, they can smell ‘em and bring ‘em. So that right there, when I heard that last year, I said, there’s a hire. That’s a hockey man. When I met with Hunts and Shanny when I first got in here that day, I can talk to that guy. He’s a hockey man.
-Mike Babcock

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
Well, Mark Hunter, when they hired Hunts last year, I said home run. The two guys that I know that are two of the best hockey men, period, there’s a guy named Kelly McCrimmon, and there’s a guy named Mark Hunter. They’re the guys for me. They just flat out do it year after year after year. They find players, they can smell ‘em and bring ‘em. So that right there, when I heard that last year, I said, there’s a hire. That’s a hockey man. When I met with Hunts and Shanny when I first got in here that day, I can talk to that guy. He’s a hockey man.
-Mike Babcock

His Blashill prediction came true...

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
-Mike Babcock

Where the hell did you find that?  Were you just keeping that in your back pocket for when his name came up?

Online herman

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
-Mike Babcock

Where the hell did you find that?  Were you just keeping that in your back pocket for when his name came up?

It was from one of Babcock's introductory interviews upon landing in Toronto. http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=768528

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
-Mike Babcock

It was from one of Babcock's introductory interviews upon landing in Toronto. http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=768528
Is it wrong that I read that statement using Babcock's voice in my head?

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »
is this McCrimmon related to Brad who died in the KHL plane crash a few years back, used to play for Calgary?
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »
is this McCrimmon related to Brad who died in the KHL plane crash a few years back, used to play for Calgary?

Brothers.   

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »