Author Topic: Pens interested in Winnik  (Read 9924 times)

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pens interested in Winnik
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
I'd be content with Reimer in net during a rebuild. I would definitely trade Bernier.

Me too.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 10:02:59 AM »
The Jets seem to be the only real destination for a goalie....so I hope they want him haha

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »
Oh if we could get a good return for Bernier Id move him also... I think we could fetch more for him than Reimer.. Leaf fans love Reimer not sure many others in NHL do

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
Bernier's not going anywhere. If one of the Leaf goalie gets moved its going to be Riemer. But I have a feeling they'll both be back next season.
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
The Jets seem to be the only real destination for a goalie....so I hope they want him haha

They have Pavelec with a .910SV% and Hutchinson with a .920SV%.  I don't think they are going to be jumping for a goaltender.  I think if anything they need either a front line scorer or a better bottom 6.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »

They have Pavelec with a .910SV% and Hutchinson with a .920SV%.  I don't think they are going to be jumping for a goaltender.  I think if anything they need either a front line scorer or a better bottom 6.

I see Columbus as a  team for a trade of either or them.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 06:50:22 PM »

Columbus has a Vezina trophy winning goalie under contract for the foreseeable future.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »

Columbus has a Vezina trophy winning goalie under contract for the foreseeable future.

And they are out of the playoff race now so there really isn't any incentive to improve on Curtis McElhniney and Anton "the other" Forsberg

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
Steve Simmons wrote in his Sunday article that the Leafs have interest in Winnipeg's Alexander Burmistrov (currently in the KHL). I've brought up trading for him before, a 1-for-1 deal for Winnik would probably be something that could work.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Steve Simmons wrote in his Sunday article that the Leafs have interest in Winnipeg's Alexander Burmistrov (currently in the KHL). I've brought up trading for him before, a 1-for-1 deal for Winnik would probably be something that could work.

Why not

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »

It's an intriguing idea. While Burmistrov didn't light it up while he was here with the Thrashers/Jets, he is still a young, highly skilled player. If the Leafs can get some sort of assurance he'd come back to North America, it would certainly be something worth pursuing.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 10:40:08 AM »
A trade + contract for Burmistrov would be a pretty fair return for Winnik I think.  Maybe something along the lines of Winnik for Burmistrov with a conditional 3rd/4th rounder if Burmistrov doesn't sign.  It pushes the draft pick back a year but gives the Leafs the shot at adding a high skill player who doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
A trade + contract for Burmistrov would be a pretty fair return for Winnik I think.  Maybe something along the lines of Winnik for Burmistrov with a conditional 3rd/4th rounder if Burmistrov doesn't sign.  It pushes the draft pick back a year but gives the Leafs the shot at adding a high skill player who doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

With our present record what makes you think he would want to come to TO

Online Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:47 AM »

He was a bit miffed at Winnipeg  not letting him go the KHL during the last lockout. He played for a year for the Barrie Colts, so he's familiar with the area. 

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:54 AM »

He was a bit miffed at Winnipeg  not letting him go the KHL during the last lockout. He played for a year for the Barrie Colts, so he's familiar with the area.

Plus the KHL is a really bad scene right now with a lot of financial uncertainty.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:54 AM »