Author Topic: Pens interested in Winnik  (Read 9925 times)

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Pens interested in Winnik
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
How did we lose our 2nd round pick? Bernier?

Yeah.

Offline sickbeast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »
The Leafs should trade either bernier or reimer actually. Not both. I would rather they keep reimer but I can live with either one. They don't seem to respond well to the current goaltending tandem situation.

Offline Can8899

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:44 AM »
The Leafs should trade either bernier or reimer actually. Not both. I would rather they keep reimer but I can live with either one. They don't seem to respond well to the current goaltending tandem situation.

Agreed.  Perhaps the Rangers would bite on one for some insurance with Lundqvist out?  I bet we could get a 2nd or 3rd for Reimer or if we wanted to go big, a 2nd and good prospect for Bernier.  Either would be a stopgap until Henrik gets back and then can be flipped in the offseason as Bernier is an RFA and Reimer is an affordable 2 mil.

As for Winnik, with his rise in popularity over the last few days/weeks.  Is it possible a team could panic and offer up a #1 pick?

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »

But if they trade both there can be a strong push by the Leafs to lose all 25 remaining games and finish dead last for McDavid.

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 05:50:54 PM »
trade Bernier for a 2nd and prospect. He is not our goalie of the future.  We have Bibeau and  Gibson to look at.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline sickbeast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 08:09:05 PM »
Actually it's interesting to see bernier with almost identical stats compared to luongo.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »
trade Bernier for a 2nd and prospect. He is not our goalie of the future.  We have Bibeau and  Gibson to look at.

please just get it done. His play makes me sick

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 08:15:58 AM »
Bernier is too young to give up on IMO.. Id move Reimer out.. I know he is not much older but I think JB has a good upside..  But if either is moved or both? So be it...

If we get a 2nd and a mid level prospect for Winnik Id be happy... Id like to see it happen now though. He plays very hard and Im afraid of an injury happening and we get nothing

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 08:21:34 AM »
Bernier is too young to give up on IMO.. Id move Reimer out.. I know he is not much older but I think JB has a good upside..  But if either is moved or both? So be it...

If we get a 2nd and a mid level prospect for Winnik Id be happy... Id like to see it happen now though. He plays very hard and Im afraid of an injury happening and we get nothing

Bernier is going ask for something around 5 mil a season, and is no where good enough.

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »

I couldn't agree with this more. It's the truth. I hope the Leaf brass realize this.

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 09:27:34 AM »
Actually it's interesting to see bernier with almost identical stats compared to luongo.

Bernier: 16 W, 18 L, .914 SV %, 2.72 GAA, 1090 SV,  39 GP, 5 OTL

Luongo: 21 W, 14 L, .920 SV%, 2.38 GAA, 1213 SV, 46 GP, 10 OTL

Bernier is as "almost identical" to Luongo as Luongo is as "almost identical" to Rinne or Price (at least in terms of GAA). So not really at all.

Edit: A similarly off comparison would be Neuvirth has almost identical numbers to Bernier...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:34:57 AM by Chev-boyar-sky »

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
Carey Price had similar numbers in 2008/2009 n 2009/2010 to JB.. I remember habs fans wanted him gone too.. Got to be patient.. Not saying he is Carey but if he agrees to a reasonable contract Id keep him

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »
Carey Price had similar numbers in 2008/2009 n 2009/2010 to JB.. I remember habs fans wanted him gone too.. Got to be patient.. Not saying he is Carey but if he agrees to a reasonable contract Id keep him

He was also 21-22, Bernier will be 27 by the start of next season.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 09:51:39 AM »
I'd be content with Reimer in net during a rebuild. I would definitely trade Bernier.

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
I'd be content with Reimer in net during a rebuild. I would definitely trade Bernier.

I feel the same. He has moments but he seems to have some flaws which, given the state of the team/the $ he'll command/his age, make him expendable IMO.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »