Author Topic: The Official TV Thread  (Read 121048 times)

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Official TV Thread
« Reply #1425 on: December 03, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »
Just finished re watching the first half season of Star Trek Discovery.

I still like it. It has potential. The writing is not very good. Neither is the acting, but I am wondering if that is a byproduct of the writing. The editing is also poor in some spots leading to weird transitions where it seems like you missed a part of the episode. I found it easy to ignore the fanboy complaints about the visuals and the seeming lack of continuity. It just doesn't matter that much to me.

It's getting a second season, but if they want it to go beyond that they are really going to have to improve the writing. Also, the show has like 15 executive producers which doesn't seem normal.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 06, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
It's getting a second season, but if they want it to go beyond that they are really going to have to improve the writing. Also, the show has like 15 executive producers which doesn't seem normal.

Executive Producer is a pretty meaningless title. Stan Lee gets credited as Executive Producer on all the Marvel movies and I'm pretty sure he just shows up for his cameos.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 16, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
Just finished Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Paul Bettany was great as Kaczynski.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1427 on: December 16, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »