Author Topic: Official 2011-2012 CHL Prospects Thread  (Read 18057 times)

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2011-2012 CHL Prospects Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31:47 PM »
The incredible thing is, he's doing it all alone in Erie.  The rest of the team really sucks.

Yeah, I didn't think we had anything special when we drafted him, but began to take notice last season. I paid attention to him in pre-season, with the little time he did get and he is surprisingly and deceivingly quick. If he can get some weight on that frame of his in the next two years, he may be an incredible draft pick for Morrison and Burke.

I didn't check the box score, but he must have had somebody burying those passes last night. Hopefully he and Olden develop some chemistry as well.
BWB

Offline Joe Dirte

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
The incredible thing is, he's doing it all alone in Erie.  The rest of the team really sucks.

Yeah, I didn't think we had anything special when we drafted him, but began to take notice last season. I paid attention to him in pre-season, with the little time he did get and he is surprisingly and deceivingly quick. If he can get some weight on that frame of his in the next two years, he may be an incredible draft pick for Morrison and Burke.

I didn't check the box score, but he must have had somebody burying those passes last night. Hopefully he and Olden develop some chemistry as well.

Nope.  He was setting up everyone.  4 different scorers on those 6 goals. None for Olden.

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
Nope.  He was setting up everyone.  4 different scorers on those 6 goals. None for Olden.

Good stuff! Well, maybe as the season goes on and Olden gets used to life over here, that will change.
BWB

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
I'm not sure why, but, since shortly after he was drafted, of all the Leafs prospects, the one I've been most optimistic about has been McKegg. Nice to see him accomplish some incredible things already this season.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Percy's displaying some good offense. 7GP, 6pts.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline donkeyy0

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »

I'm fairly sure Olden isn't playing with McKegg so far this season. Olden was a -2 I think with 0 pts last night.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
McKegg 6 primary assists tonight. Most assists ever by an Eerie player in one game.

Just saw this on twitter, holy crap! He was a +4 as well last night.

If this guys junior numbers eventually translate into the NHL, we're going to be some very happy fans in the next few years. Tremendous stuff from McKegg over the last season and the start of this one.

They do have Thompson now as well, who has back to back seasons of 42 and 44 goals.

I thought Erie was supposed to have a decent team this season.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
According to a number of reports, Jamie Devane has been sent back to the OHL. The good news is that he's likely going to get a ton more ice-time than he was getting with the Marlies (i.e. none in his first game). The bad news is there isn't an even amount of prospects in my table anymore.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 12:58:33 AM »
According to a number of reports, Jamie Devane has been sent back to the OHL. The good news is that he's likely going to get a ton more ice-time than he was getting with the Marlies (i.e. none in his first game). The bad news is there isn't an even amount of prospects in my table anymore.

I find roster moves can be so cold sometimes.

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 10:42:34 PM »
Andrew Crescenzi picked up his 2nd and 3rd goals of the season tonight as the Rangers defeated Owen Sound 5-3. The 1st just trickled through the 5 hole of St. Louis prospect Jordan Binnington. Binnington got a piece of the shot, but not enough to keep it out. The 2nd goal was an empty netter. Crescenzi was also named 1st star.

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:45 PM »
McKegg 6 primary assists tonight. Most assists ever by an Eerie player in one game.

Too bad there is no YouTube of it.

Offline 4th Liner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Official 2011-2012 CHL Prospects Thread
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
OTTERS UPDATE: Add C Greg McKegg (minor concussion; out at least this weekend) to the injured list that includes Cazzola, Pelech & Crisp.
Twitter for iPhone • 10/14/11 5:35 PM

So how worried are we supposed to be about a "minor" concussion?

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
I'll get around to posting the updated stats for our guys in the next few days, but I'll tell you right now it's not very exciting. One bright spot has been the play of Sondre Olden, who is currently on a 4-game point streak. He's picked up 2 goals and 6 points in that span and is now 2 points behind McKegg for the team lead.

Speaking of McKegg, it was mentioned above that he is suffering from a "minor concussion". He missed both games this weekend and according to Erie's coach his status for upcoming games is unclear. There's also rumblings that he could be a trade target for teams like London (his hometown) this year, so that could be something to keep an eye on throughout the year.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:36:23 PM by CarltonTheBear »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
How could I forget about Devane? He's started the year with 3 points in 3 games, along with 9 PIM.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »