Author Topic: 2014-15 Prospects Thread  (Read 25066 times)

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2014-15 Prospects Thread | aka What's Nylander up to?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:53 PM »
Nice little update on Toninato.  5th in the nation in scoring, seems to need to work with Barb Underhill a  little more but didnt we say the same thing about Joe Colbournes skating at one point and he has turned out to be a real stiff.  Could be a stud centre of the future

Colborne had 10 goals, 28 points last year as a bottom 6 centre. He is 24 years old. I guess Toninato has 4 years to surpass those totals to prevent him from becoming a stiff.

Glad to see the kid doing well. I wasn't happy about losing him (why he had to go who knows, roster casualty or some such because, you know, Orr/McLaren).

I hope he turns out well for the Flames.

On a side note, I've watched a couple of their games this year and if they keep it up, they'll have a new fan in me. Love the D with Giordano/Brodie/Wideman, and they've played a great team game so far. Hiller's been pretty good too!

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 08:03:52 PM »
Nice little update on Toninato.  5th in the nation in scoring, seems to need to work with Barb Underhill a  little more but didnt we say the same thing about Joe Colbournes skating at one point and he has turned out to be a real stiff.  Could be a stud centre of the future

Colborne had 10 goals, 28 points last year as a bottom 6 centre. He is 24 years old. I guess Toninato has 4 years to surpass those totals to prevent him from becoming a stiff.

Glad to see the kid doing well. I wasn't happy about losing him (why he had to go who knows, roster casualty or some such because, you know, Orr/McLaren).

On a side note, I've watched a couple of their games this year and if they keep it up, they'll have a new fan in me. Love the D with Giordano/Brodie/Wideman, and they've played a great team game so far. Hiller's been pretty good too!

0 goals so far this year....mind you he also has 6 points in 8 games.

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 11:21:04 PM »

0 goals so far this year....mind you he also has 6 points in 8 games.

8 pts now in almost 9 games.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 02:35:50 PM »
Nylander is apparently looking good in Sweden.

@coreypronman 

William Nylander with a beauty assist dangling around two defenders, his 3rd point of the game.

@coreypronman

12 months ago Nylander couldn't get a 4th line shift in the SHL. Now he's probably one of if not the league's best player.

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 02:58:34 PM »
Nylander is apparently looking good in Sweden.

@coreypronman 

William Nylander with a beauty assist dangling around two defenders, his 3rd point of the game.

@coreypronman

12 months ago Nylander couldn't get a 4th line shift in the SHL. Now he's probably one of if not the league's best player.

I'm not surprised. He was born in Calgary after all. Good Canadian boy!  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
Don will be well pleased….looking forward to his rant on HNIC on Saturday. I am sure it will be a doozy…bring hankies
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 10:57:11 AM »
Until a better video emerges, Nylander just scored this penalty shot goal: https://vine.co/v/OhFuQ1UK730

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 11:13:36 AM »
Until a better video emerges, Nylander just scored this penalty shot goal: https://vine.co/v/OhFuQ1UK730

That's William "Nifty Mitts" Nylander to you!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »
Busta, I am proud of you. New nickname creation!
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 11:32:01 AM »

It was hard to make him out in that video because he was so skinny. He needs to put on weight to be visible on Canadian broadcasts.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
Busta, I am proud of you. New nickname creation!

Umm. A) That was a joke. B) That's a super over-used joke nickname for any player who has good hands.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
LOL
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »
My son just texted me "Nylander has 7 points in 7 games, one off the team lead, but has only played a third of the games of anyone on his team" 
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
My son just texted me "Nylander has 7 points in 7 games, one off the team lead, but has only played a third of the games of anyone on his team"

That was quite a shock looking up his stats like that! Can anyone put that into some context or is that really as good as it seems?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »
Considering he has matched his entire point total of last year in 7 game is pretty impressive where he had 7 points in 22 games with Modo.
Must of picked up a ton of confidance in his time with the Leafs.  He is playing like a man now, the boy is getting left behind.
                                           Navaho Proverb

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »