Author Topic: Cox: Turris to the Leafs is a possibility  (Read 15093 times)

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
Re: Cox: Turris to the Leafs is a possibility
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2011, 08:58:11 AM »
Dreger just tweeted that the asking price from Toronto for Turris was Kadri.

:o

No thanks... But would anyone consider Kadri for Rundblad and a 2nd round pick?  :o

Not at least until he looks like as much of a bust as Turris does.  :P

You guys are really sticking to the company line with Kadri eh.

Only until he's traded in a deal for Ryan.  8)

You mean Ryan and Getzlaf.

Online Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2011, 09:09:48 AM »
Don't understand why Phoenix would ask for Kadri?  He fits their system even less than Turris and we all can see how that worked out.

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2011, 09:48:27 AM »

No thanks... But would anyone consider Kadri for Rundblad and a 2nd round pick?  :o

Not at least until he looks like as much of a bust as Turris does.  :P

You guys are really sticking to the company line with Kadri eh.

Only until he's traded in a deal for Ryan.  8)

You mean Ryan and Getzlaf.

oh come now, we don't believe in Santa anymore.

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »

Other than his high draft position, I really don't know anything about Turris. Did he put up points in the minors at the same (or greater) rate than Kadri? Did he ever play AHL/rake down there?

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »
Other than his high draft position, I really don't know anything about Turris. Did he put up points in the minors at the same (or greater) rate than Kadri? Did he ever play AHL/rake down there?

In his brief AHL career, Turris had 3 more goals and 8 more points than Kadri has put up so far, but in 20 more games.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »

In his brief AHL career, Turris had 3 more goals and 8 more points than Kadri has put up so far, but in 20 more games.

Hmm well I guess, considering Kadri is younger, has a better PPG ratio in the AHL and less NHL futility, so to speak, his value should be a little higher than Turris, who didn't have a future in Phoenix anyway.

Online Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »
Kadri's weakness in his brief time with the Leafs has been his defensive play so I don't understand why a team like Phoenix who plays a defense first game would have any interest in Kadri.  That is why they had issues with Turris.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »
Kadri's weakness in his brief time with the Leafs has been his defensive play so I don't understand why a team like Phoenix who plays a defense first game would have any interest in Kadri.  That is why they had issues with Turris.

Because defence can be taught, but skill cannot. Most young high-end offensive players have defensive issues. It's never a reason to shy away from acquiring a talented forward prospect.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
If you watch Phoenix play you will see that they play with very little "skill" other than the ability to play a team game with defense first.  The skill they employ the most is to quickly exit their own zone and that is why the trade for Rundblad makes much more sense than a trade for Kadri.  I am not complaining about Kadri at all but just don't see any fit for him in Phoenix.  A Turris for Kadri trade for me would be no better than a lateral move by Phoenix for a player that would still have to be coaxed into playing the system that is intergral to team success.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »