Author Topic: Official Armchair GM Thread 2014-2015 Leafs  (Read 133193 times)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
Re: Official Armchair GM Thread 2014-2015 Leafs
« Reply #1170 on: June 29, 2015, 06:27:46 AM »
I just don't know what more the Leafs could really be expecting.  It's a 1st rounder and a prospect fairly well along in their development, and two players that could possible be moved later for Kessel.

I don't know about "Expecting" but I understand it if the Leafs, and some fans, look at Kessel's scoring numbers over the last few years and were hoping that some team out there would step up with an offer that contained at least one asset that they could sell as a really exciting addition to the club.

But I agree with you that this deal is not terrible value and I assume if it's being seriously considered it means that it might be the best thing out there. I understand that there are a lot of people here who think of all of those questions about Kessel's effort and defense and "leadership" are all just a big pile of bullspit but...the league has stupid people in it. If everyone is looking at Kessel, looking at his contract and shrugging...there won't be great offers out there.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 01, 2015, 02:23:58 PM »
this team needs to trade at least 2 of bozak, kessel, phaneuf, lupul.

Trading Bozak and Lupul is going to be difficult. They're two guys who have essentially proven themselves to be bad bets because of their contracts.

The reason you want them gone so badly is the reason it'll be tough to do it.

I'll give them the rest of the summer to do something but I am going to be super dissapointed if those 4 players are still on this team for game 1.

Yeah, disappointed but not overly. My guess is that two of them won't be there at the start of next season.

thats my hope too.

One down!  ;)
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 01, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
this team needs to trade at least 2 of bozak, kessel, phaneuf, lupul.

Trading Bozak and Lupul is going to be difficult. They're two guys who have essentially proven themselves to be bad bets because of their contracts.

The reason you want them gone so badly is the reason it'll be tough to do it.

I'll give them the rest of the summer to do something but I am going to be super dissapointed if those 4 players are still on this team for game 1.

Yeah, disappointed but not overly. My guess is that two of them won't be there at the start of next season.

thats my hope too.

One down!  ;)

Yep...and the biggest most complicated one as well

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #1172 on: July 01, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »