Author Topic: Tapatalk plugin?  (Read 10979 times)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk plugin?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
I can't post with mine.  Does this mean I have to purchase the app now?  It's not free?

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »
I can't post with mine.  Does this mean I have to purchase the app now?  It's not free?

There's 2 versions of the app, the free one only lets you read a forum but not post.  The paid one lets you post, it's always been like that.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
I was definitely able to post before.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »
I was definitely able to post before.

Strange, they used to have 2 versions the "read only" version that was free and the $2.99 version where you could post.  I don't ever remember being able to post with the free version, also it looks like they've pulled the free version.

Here's an old link that shows the differences between read-only (RO) version and the full verison:

http://dailyiphoneblog.com/2010/08/08/iphone-forum-goes-mobile-with-the-tapatalk-app/

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 10:14:08 AM »
Mine says "Tapatalk for Blackberry (Beta 10)", so maybe it was some sort of free trial or something.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
Mine says "Tapatalk for Blackberry (Beta 10)", so maybe it was some sort of free trial or something.

ahhhhhhhhh, Blackberry, I just assumed you were using iPhone.   Sorry for the confusion I have no idea about the BB verison.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
I could post with the beta version on BlackBerry.

Online Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 01:06:38 PM »
I just got an iPhone last month and it's pretty hard to navigate the regular site on it, let alone post.  Is Tapatalk worth it?  Does it reformat the screen so it's readable on the iPhone?  Any advice before I blow $2.99 (I'm a Software Scrooge) appreciated.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Tapatalk plugin?
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »
It's not bad. Not perfect but not bad. Here's 2 screenshots:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:16:41 PM by Zee »

Offline char

• Prospect
    • View Profile
Tapatalk plugin?
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »
I just got an iPhone last month and it's pretty hard to navigate the regular site on it, let alone post.  Is Tapatalk worth it?  Does it reformat the screen so it's readable on the iPhone?  Any advice before I blow $2.99 (I'm a Software Scrooge) appreciated.

I have it installed and I love it. Had similar doubts as you did before deciding to blow the $2.99, but I'm glad I ended up spending the money. Can't imagine myself going back to browsing this forum on Safari.

Offline pnjunction

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »
I love it on my Android phone too.  Awesome for keeping up with the GDTs during games and catching up at random times. :)

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
Wow, thanks Zee, char, pn -- you've convinced me.  Thanks esp. Zee for the screenshots!  Maybe I'll follow the GDT on the phone while keeping my laptop on fullscreen instead of switching back and forth.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Tapatalk plugin?
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
Wow, thanks Zee, char, pn -- you've convinced me.  Thanks esp. Zee for the screenshots!  Maybe I'll follow the GDT on the phone while keeping my laptop on fullscreen instead of switching back and forth.

Every once in a while I notice a bug where I can't read something that someone has quoted. Not really sure why, maybe it's multiple quotes that screw up. Generally it's pretty good for reading / posting. Way easier than zooming in and out on Safari that's for sure.

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »

Every once in a while I notice a bug where I can't read something that someone has quoted. Not really sure why, maybe it's multiple quotes that screw up. Generally it's pretty good for reading / posting. Way easier than zooming in and out on Safari that's for sure.

Got it the other day and I like it -- thanks for the advice!

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
I love it on my Android phone too.  Awesome for keeping up with the GDTs during games and catching up at random times. :)

It has worked quite well for me on my Android phone as well.
All The Best
Dan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »