Author Topic: Who is your most disappointing player this season?  (Read 4278 times)

Offline hap_leaf

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your most disappointing player this season?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »
He hasn't taken that next step this year, but it's also his 2nd full NHL season and that's pretty common for a guy to struggle.

Kadri played in more NHL games combined than he did before his fantastic shortened 12-13 campaign so I didn't expect any sophomore slump.

Let's hope he brings his A game and fresh perspective to camp next year.

Offline moon111

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Who I haven't been disappointed in?
Kessel's lack of defense at times...
Bozak's injury... 
Phewneff... solid at times, but over-paid/over-rated.
I'd say JVR, Raymond(for the $, great deal), Holland, Bodie.
There's some other good parts, but they either didn't generate the offence or do enough defensively.
For some reason this is the MOST disappointed I've ever been in a Leafs team.  And I've seen some truly terrible teams.
R.I.P. Maureen.  You'll always be with us.

Offline 93forever

• Marlie
  • Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 08:16:38 PM »
Clarkson was the only disappointing player.  Carlyle is the biggest disappointment who needs to be fired,

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
Interesting that Lupul has, to many of us (me included), seemed to be a disappointment this year but is still solidly in second place among forwards in the MotM voting, 8 points ahead of JVR and 6 behind Kessel.

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »
Interesting that Lupul has, to many of us (me included), seemed to be a disappointment this year but is still solidly in second place among forwards in the MotM voting, 8 points ahead of JVR and 6 behind Kessel.
*angrily stamping foot*
Lupul has NOT been a disappointment.

Offline moon111

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
Lupul have provided Jason Blake-type offence while only being on the second line.  Of course Jason Blake was never a -14 either.  But that's to be expected with the line-ups.  Sorry, but in my judgement, Lupul and Kadri are like a Olczyk and Leeman who need an Osborne.  Kulemin should of been on the 2nd line.
R.I.P. Maureen.  You'll always be with us.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 09:12:16 PM »

I think people's expectations were raised by his time on the 1st line before JvR came on board and the unsustainable pace at which is produced in the few games he was healthy last season. As 2nd liners go, Lupul's production has been very good. His defence needs improvement, but, that can be said about most of the team this season.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online sickbeast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
In my mind, the Leafs only have 3 good defencemen: Phaneuf, Reilly, and Gardiner. All the rest of their defense is terrible and they all need to go. You can't blame the forwards or the goaltending this season. The defense is to blame along with the coaching.

Offline Rebel_1812

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »
wow, with so many bad players its hard to see how the team won so many games.  I think the make up of the team needs to be changed.  They have too many skilled forwards that don't know how to play defense or throw a body check.  It doesn't mean those players are garbage, it means too many of them is a bad team.  I think Edmonton is having the same problem.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
Most disappointing Leaf?   Clarkson, by far and wide.

Next up, Franson, Phaneuf.  ( Not to mention Orr & McLaren.  The 'invisible' men).

Carlyle the coach.  Nonis the GM.  The entire Leafs organization.

As The Globe & Mail's James Mirtle pointed out...
It’s time, in other words, for some ownership of
this team’s issues from those who contributed heavily to
them, beginning behind the bench and going to the very top.

If that happens and the organization learns from this, missing
the playoffs will be well worth it.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:40:25 PM by hockeyfan1 »

Online lamajama

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »
I can't believe Kadri is being dumped on when there are so many other candidates.

He still makes defensive mistakes but he's still young and playing in whatever you call Carlyle's "system" which is a joke in itself. Name a player who hasn't made some glaring errors!? (Maybe Kulemin). His line changes 3rd player often, when his PP unit is out he's the guy making the sweet offensive plays. His point totals are pretty good compared to a lot of the 2nd centres out there.

Not to mention RC screwing with his TOI and benching him along with RC's other fav scapegoat like Gardiner. 

Man in this town a rookie has to be a superstar right outta the gate or he's dumped on and wished out of town.

So yah Nonis will trade him. All the other teams keep asking for him so it's obvious the other teams can't evaluate talent like Nonis and scouts.  The same ones who felt Clarkson was the real deal. You know Clarkson was a Plus player in only two seasons with NJ?  And they were only Plus 1 and Plus 3. IN NEW JERSEY!

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 04:25:03 AM »
If you bought that a 5.25 hit winger was named Clarkson, well I guess, to me Franson was a bit of a disappointment. Overall, the effect Bolland might have had.

Top inspiring hope type players, Rielly, Bernier, Gardiner, Kadri... and obviously Kessel and JVR.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »
Bolland and his injury although not his fault, he hasnt been the same since his return. This has contributed to Clarkson and his off season (at least lets hope it is an off season).  Phaneuf was given a huge contract to skate slowly and look at his recent gaffes, lets hope he is playing injured right now as it may explain just why he is looking so bad. Its time to infuse some young blood onto this team. Percy, MacWilliam, D'Amigo and Komrade Komorav.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
Bolland and his injury although not his fault, he hasnt been the same since his return. This has contributed to Clarkson and his off season (at least lets hope it is an off season).  Phaneuf was given a huge contract to skate slowly and look at his recent gaffes, lets hope he is playing injured right now as it may explain just why he is looking so bad. Its time to infuse some young blood onto this team. Percy, MacWilliam, D'Amigo and Komrade Komorav.

Don't forget Finn. He may turn out to be the best of the bunch, for the blueline that is.
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline bbt

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
Enough of Phaneuf!!   But where is he going to go? At +$7M there is NO team that will want him.   Another season with him as captain makes me cringe.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »