Author Topic: Blue Jackets @ Leafs - Mar. 3rd, 7:00pm - SN, SN 590  (Read 12709 times)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Jackets @ Leafs - Mar. 3rd, 7:00pm - SN, SN 590
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
Like that didn't get knocked in by accident when everyone saw the puck laying there.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
Clarkson's hysterical.

Let me needlessly hit this guy when Gleason already has him and free up this other man for a potential 2 on 1.

Clarkson is really bad.

Normally with mediocre-to-bad players I just don't care about them (Jonas Hoglund was an example).  I actually overtly dislike Clarkson.

It's amazing that he doesn't get treated by the fans at the ACC the way some other players have when they didn't live up to expectations.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:54 PM »
It's amazing that he doesn't get treated by the fans at the ACC the way some other players have when they didn't live up to expectations.

Or even the media.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
Clarkson's hysterical.

Let me needlessly hit this guy when Gleason already has him and free up this other man for a potential 2 on 1.

Clarkson is really bad.

Normally with mediocre-to-bad players I just don't care about them (Jonas Hoglund was an example).  I actually overtly dislike Clarkson.

Even the media seems to be giving him a free pass.  Remember how awful Grabovski was last year?

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »
I wish that JVR would stop trying that between the legs move beside the net.  It is a very low percentage option.
All The Best
Dan

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:04 PM »
Regardless of how bad Clarkson's been the fact remains that he's a local guy who took less money to sign here in the offseason. That's going to buy someone a lot of time.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:14 PM »

Yeah. I mean, he's ungood and he's also a major stumbling block in the way of the Leafs improving themselves. It's really a bad combination.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »
I wish that JVR would stop trying that between the legs move beside the net.  It is a very low percentage option.

Probably as good a percentage as any other play from that position.  He's had good success with it.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
Clarkson's hysterical.

Clarkson is really bad.

Even the media seems to be giving him a free pass.  Remember how awful Grabovski was last year?

Grabovski's +/- was brought up so many times.  Clarkson's a -5.  And has 10 points.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 07:33:12 PM »
Regardless of how bad Clarkson's been the fact remains that he's a local guy who took less money to sign here in the offseason. That's going to buy someone a lot of time.

I agree.  It's unfortunate.
All The Best
Dan

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »

Is it really fair to say that he took less to sign here in the offseason, when the team that was offering more was Edmonton?

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
Clarkson's hysterical.

Clarkson is really bad.

Grabovski's +/- was brought up so many times.  Clarkson's a -5.  And has 10 points.

Clarkson is also on pace to score fewer goals and put up fewer points than Grabovski did last year...not in terms of pace, just raw numbers.

Offline freer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 07:35:05 PM »
At least it has not taken them 15 mins to start playing

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 07:35:21 PM »

Is it really fair to say that he took less to sign here in the offseason, when the team that was offering more was Edmonton?

Narrative is 9/10th's of the law.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline 13th fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »
Clarkson's hysterical.

Clarkson is really bad.

Aki Berg ,Larry Murphy ,Sergio Momesso etc...  Clarkson could make the list for the boo birds.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »