Author Topic: The Official Gaming Thread  (Read 41504 times)

Offline dekedastardly

• Prospect
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Gaming Thread
« Reply #435 on: February 26, 2017, 04:59:31 PM »
The animations look pretty stiff. Nice concept though and I'm all about any kind of competition for EAs NHL brand.

Offline Mr. Leaf

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 26, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
Upcoming "Old Time Hockey", a game rated M:

I've been looking forward to that one for a couple months now.
Me too!  Will definitely be getting it the day it comes out.  Looks like so much fun!

Offline dekedastardly

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »
Anyone pick up a Switch? I see today people are selling them on Kijije for 5-700$ and up. I guess these folks anticipate a shortage. Typical Nintendo insufficient supply for demand. The price is too rich for me, ($400 retail) especially for a system with a pretty lack lustre launch lineup. Zelda has been getting rave reviews, lots of 10's, being called a Masterpiece. Walmart in Peterborough had systems and games. I picked up a copy for the Wii-U, Zelda is all i'm really interested in playing, and the game apparently runs almost identically to the Switch version.

Haven't got into it yet, maybe tomorrow.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »
I've been seriously thinking about replacing the hard drive, too, and have been fighting the sense of technical intimidation to getting it done.  But everything I've heard about the process makes it sound pretty easy.  What hard drive did you go with?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BSH3CCC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

So far, so good. It's definitely booting up quicker.

I picked up this hard drive for this purpose months ago, and today, the day I finally take the time to install it is also the day the brand new PS4 software update enables external USB3.0 hard drives.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »
I picked up this hard drive for this purpose months ago, and today, the day I finally take the time to install it is also the day the brand new PS4 software update enables external USB3.0 hard drives.

Well, if my experience is anything to go by you definitely use the space you have so I'm probably going to add an external as well.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »

Well, if my experience is anything to go by you definitely use the space you have so I'm probably going to add an external as well.

Yes, I expect I will at some point, too.  Regardless, the load time is noticeably faster with the new hard drive.  And you were right, the new hard drive installation is dead easy.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 17, 2017, 08:14:10 AM »
Holy crap: Netflix is making a show based off the Witcher: https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/17/the-witcher-saga-netflix-original/

This has the potential to be absolutely amazing.

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 17, 2017, 08:18:56 AM »
Holy crap: Netflix is making a show based off the Witcher: https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/17/the-witcher-saga-netflix-original/

Could be GoT levels of awesome if done properly.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 17, 2017, 09:39:01 PM »

I'm not familiar with the books the games are based on and am only somewhat familiar with the games(played a little of 2, most of 3) but it'll be interesting to see what approach they take. I thought the plot in the third game wasn't terribly interesting(which may account for why I didn't finish it) but the smaller scale monster hunts were terrific. So while I'd be cautious about trying to tell a grand overarching story like they do in GoT a sort of X-Files like Monster-of-the-Week thing with some serialized elements sounds like a lot of fun.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 18, 2017, 03:03:15 AM »

I'm not familiar with the books the games are based on and am only somewhat familiar with the games(played a little of 2, most of 3) but it'll be interesting to see what approach they take. I thought the plot in the third game wasn't terribly interesting(which may account for why I didn't finish it) but the smaller scale monster hunts were terrific. So while I'd be cautious about trying to tell a grand overarching story like they do in GoT a sort of X-Files like Monster-of-the-Week thing with some serialized elements sounds like a lot of fun.

The books themselves have little to do with the games outside of the characters and the world itself.  The books (two short story anthologies and 5 actual books...well 6 but one hasn't been translated into English yet) all take place before the events of the games and focus more on the time period before Ciri  and when Ciri is a child with Geralt and Yennifer.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 28, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »
Need some help from those of you that know about this stuff.

As most of you know, I'm a big car guy, and a motorsports fan in general...so I'm thinking about getting Forza Motorsport 7.

But I want a steering wheel/pedals system...do any of you use them, and could recommend a good one.  I'm willing to pay good money for a superior experience.

Thanks in advance.

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2017, 11:31:48 AM »
I have a buddy that has this one.

http://a.co/8zyyTAM

He loves it, I'm not into those games so can't really offer you my take, it seems to be well reviewed on Amazon though.

Did anyone pick up NHL 18?

Still some bugs online, but the 3 on 3 mode is fantastic and ideal if you wanna pick up and play with some friends while having a couple of pops.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
I have a buddy that has this one.

http://a.co/8zyyTAM

He loves it, I'm not into those games so can't really offer you my take, it seems to be well reviewed on Amazon though.

Did anyone pick up NHL 18?

Still some bugs online, but the 3 on 3 mode is fantastic and ideal if you wanna pick up and play with some friends while having a couple of pops.

Thanks WIGWAL. I'll look into this.

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 15, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »
If anyone is thinking of picking up Battlefront 2 but doesn't play online, DON'T. The offline modes are terrible. The campaign is decent but not enough to justify the $79.99 CAD.

It took me 5 minutes to regret buying it, and I bought the deluxe so I could play early so it was even more expensive.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:02:58 PM by TML fan »

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
If anyone is thinking of picking up Battlefront 2 but doesn't play online, DON'T. The offline modes are terrible. The campaign is decent but not enough to justify the $79.99 CAD.

It took me 5 minutes to regret buying it.

The played the online beta a couple months ago or whenever it was and was very disappointed with it. Just super bland.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #449 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »