Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety  (Read 33888 times)

Offline AlmosGirl

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Depression and Anxiety
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
Hugs to everyone dealing with this. It's a struggle and one I don't wish on anybody.

My daughter was diagnosed with generalized anxiety at 15. She got in to see a child psychiatrist so fast due to her age. Even when she turned 18, her Dr kept her on until she started university that fall, just to make sure she was doing well. Unfortunately, after that, she had to just go through her family Dr and get a referral for another psychiatrist now that she's an adult.

Thankfully, her child psychiatrist had set her up so well and with all the support she had through her CYW in high school, now at Uni and the support from myself, hubby and her siblings - she's been able to continue on with no ill effects. It's really scary in the beginning, but it does take time.

Online Gilmour the Great

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »
This is a great thread. I haven't posted much in recent years but I've been reading regularly since penaltybox.com (used to be Renburger) and the outlet and support I see here reminds of me all the best things about TMLFans (still think about you Sakura, Mr T and cw). Best wishes to all who have recently posted, I have struggled with depression at times and have found that the more you do the right things to control it (seeking and accepting help are high on the list) the easier it tends to get.

I'm far from a psychiatrist, but I personally found that things got easier once I forgave myself for being depressed (my depressed mind considered itself to be weak) in the first place. There is no shame in a broken arm and there is no shame in depression or anxiety. Both can usually be fixed with the help of medicine and/or healthy rehabilitation.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »