Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety  (Read 33262 times)

Online Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Depression and Anxiety
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »
Oh and in my profeshunal opinion, this all stems from us being Leafs fans.    ;D

Offline Wendel's Fist

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
I agree with what Guru said about Eckhart Tolle. I don't think anything has helped me as much as his books and videos.

The only thing I would suggest for anyone new to Eckhart or anyone who might be struggling with The Power Of Now book, is to start with his other book, A New Earth, first. The reason I say that is because The Power Of Now is set up as a question and answer type of thing so if you don't get what he's asking you to do to begin with, reading answers to questions about it, can be confusing for some. I personally know people that couldn't get through the Power Of Now but loved A New Earth, and finally were able to love the Power Of Now as much, when they read it second.

Anyway, I know the pit of despair is deep so good luck to anyone who's going through that right now. If you haven't tried Eckhart Tolle yet, check him out. It certainly won't hurt things.

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions or lending and ear to listen to me.

I've contacted my Employee Assistance Program today at work to get an appointment to talk to a counselor, awaiting to hear back from the counselor to make an appointment to go see them.

It's been a long month of little to no relief and it has been very frustrating. Thanks again everyone.

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2017, 08:29:47 AM »
I've discovered a podcast called The Hilarious World of Depression. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but I have to say I've found it helpful. Things have been really rough lately and listening to this makes me feel that there are people out there that understand......and it's got funny moments, which are always good.

Try it out.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2017, 08:29:47 AM »