Author Topic: The Last Jedi (spoilers!)  (Read 1766 times)

Offline sucka

• Marlie
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Jedi (spoilers!)
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »
What a mess of a movie.  Not a fanboy by any means, but I did grow up with Star Wars, and I hated the prequels when they came out, but this one is by far the worst.. i never thought it could ever get that bad considering the rich universe and potential to draw from...it's basically an unf_ckupable franchise, which this one guy has singlehandedly messed up over 30 years of lore in one shot. 
Just lazy writing and directing to go along with all that's fundamentally wrong.  I know one needs to do a bit of belief suspension...but seriously?  Bombs can drop in space?   Half the plot was pointless.  The entire might of the empire and strength of the rebels could be captured in one shot.  dubious military tactics.  Dumb jokes.   Princess Leia does a Mary Poppins.   
Old Star Wars had a Grand Moff Tarkin....badass...replaced by an imbecile called Hux.   Darth Vader? Badass....now we got a whiney emo kid that flip flops all over the place.   Chewbacca, the badass warrior's only scene was guilt over eating some bbq'd meat? 

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 11:30:37 AM »
Clever girl.

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »
Frank was right

#ButMartyIsANHLer

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »
I thought this was satire at first.

Happy May the 4th to everyone but that guy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:21:29 AM by herman »

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2018, 11:46:29 AM »

This is my favourite take on the total poop emoji show the barstool segment of Star Wars fandom has made of it lately.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »

So I finally got to see this. Maybe it's a sign of my growing disillusionment with the slick, superficially well made, candy coated pandering blockbusters we're getting or maybe it's just growing increasingly cantankerous in general but I didn't see a reason to get fussed over this movie for good or bad.

It's ok. There are some neat moments and some stupid ones. It was a DisneyCo Entertainment & Branding Product through and through.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

So I finally got to see this. Maybe it's a sign of my growing disillusionment with the slick, superficially well made, candy coated pandering blockbusters we're getting or maybe it's just growing increasingly cantankerous in general but I didn't see a reason to get fussed over this movie for good or bad.

It's ok. There are some neat moments and some stupid ones. It was a DisneyCo Entertainment & Branding Product through and through.

Or maybe its just a movie and we should enjoy it for what it is and move on. If I ever feel the need to create a 20 minute you tube video about a movie and how it destroyed my childhood, please feel free to punch me i the face because I obviously have no better ways to spend my time.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »
Or maybe its just a movie and we should enjoy it for what it is and move on. If I ever feel the need to create a 20 minute you tube video about a movie and how it destroyed my childhood, please feel free to punch me i the face because I obviously have no better ways to spend my time.

I'm with you to some extent. Obviously harassing actors or just that sort of whining in general strikes me as at best the product of spoiled manbabies and at worst as some really ugly sexism/racism from white guys who have trouble living in a world where not everything is pandering to them and their fantasies. They're movies and they're primarily movies for kids. Liking them is fine but getting worked up about them strikes me as ridiculous.

But as someone with 20K+ posts on a Leafs message board I have to be judicious with the type of stones I throw from this glass house on time-wasting.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »

[/quote]
But as someone with 20K+ posts on a Leafs message board I have to be judicious with the type of stones I throw from this glass house on time-wasting.
[/quote]

Well it beats working.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »

I didnt think it needed fixing, but now I want this.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »