Author Topic: Leafs Behind the Draft: 2011  (Read 5236 times)

Jalili

Re: Leafs Behind the Draft: 2011
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 04:36:32 PM »
Glad they didnt go after him. Depends on the price but I despise him as a player.

I despise him as a person but would gladly accept him as a player.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:53:26 PM »
Glad they didnt go after him. Depends on the price but I despise him as a player.

How do you defend him though? After everything I said about how the 'Nyucks behaved during the playoffs... loathe is the word, can't help it. Personally I think that was one of the best pieces of internal dialogue I've seen from their level ( assuming of course it wasn't 'written' for camera ;) ) well it jives with my bent so, biased who, me? ...but whatever, it was interesting.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Jalili

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »

How do you defend him though? After everything I said about how the 'Nyucks behaved during the playoffs... loathe is the word, can't help it. Personally I think that was one of the best pieces of internal dialogue I've seen from their level ( assuming of course it wasn't 'written' for camera ;) ) well it jives with my bent so, biased who, me? ...but whatever, it was interesting.

He's cleaned up his game a lot in Dallas. His image is still tarnished, obviously, from behaving like a dirtbag when he was younger, but at this point he's really not much different than any other player.

I would also have loved to have a 1-2 punch of Ribeiro-Grabovski down the middle, to rub in the faces of Habs fans.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »

He's cleaned up his game a lot in Dallas. His image is still tarnished, obviously, from behaving like a dirtbag when he was younger, but at this point he's really not much different than any other player.

I would also have loved to have a 1-2 punch of Ribeiro-Grabovski down the middle, to rub in the faces of Habs fans.

I guess all I can say is that the book wasn't closed on him when that video was taken, not sure it ever should be.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Green Leaf

• Rookie
  • We Are Everyday Builders
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
Is it just me.. or does anyone else experience minor internal siesures while listening to LTV broadcaster John Abbott speak? :o

Offline Sudafederov

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »
Burke:

"We don't do hats."

Love it, couldn't agree more.

Offline darcy tucker16

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »
You know what really impressed me?  Burke, and for all the bravado and truculence he presents, is a very polite and old fashioned gentleman.

Case in point: The just draft Biggs and he walks over to the table. Burke stands up, puts out his hand and says "Brian Burke, pleasure to meet you."  Look.  This is the Leafs' GM who everyone in hockey knows but he's polite and unassuming enough to do a proper introduction to the kid.  I keep being more and more impressed with how classy BB is.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
Stebro, while you're with us, any report on Nilsson?

Offline Stebro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
To be honest, I don't know much about him, but I can see those games on TV, so I'll try to watch a game or so with Mora. But so far he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 15 games.
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess. Only one feat is possible; not to run away.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
To be honest, I don't know much about him, but I can see those games on TV, so I'll try to watch a game or so with Mora. But so far he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 15 games.

Ah, okay.. thanks.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »