Author Topic: Like button?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Sanecow

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
Like button?
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »
Another forum I frequent has a "like" button. I'm not sure whether the software used here has that option, but if it does, could we have it activated?

Offline You're right

• Rookie
  • 🖕🏻
    • View Profile
Re: Like button?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:30:09 PM »
"like" buttons and all other things facebook are the work of the devil. (Perhaps better served on a New Jersey fan site) ;)
There's valid reasons for the limited interest. Get out of your basement if you dare. The real world will bend you over.
Adios Chachi

Offline moon111

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
Another forum I frequent has a "like" button. I'm not sure whether the software used here has that option, but if it does, could we have it activated?
How about an dislike button as well?
R.I.P. Maureen.  You'll always be with us.

Offline Sanecow

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
Like button?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
It's just a way to show that you agree with a post or appreciate a joke without having to spam. It's really nothing to do with Facebook. The forum in question activated about ten buttons but most of them were pretty useless, so they settled on the like button.

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Like button?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 10:33:09 PM »
It's just a way to show that you agree with a post or appreciate a joke without having to spam. It's really nothing to do with Facebook. The forum in question activated about ten buttons but most of them were pretty useless, so they settled on the like button.

I would like this post if I could.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »

We tried something similar here for a while. Ultimately it was just an avenue for pettiness.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »
I'm strongly opposed to this idea. We aren't Facebook. If someone really likes a post, I'd rather see a second post that perhaps quoted part of the liked one and says 'I really like what you brought up here' or something along those lines. I'd rather foster further discussion than just the Facebook approach. And like Nik said, the kudos/goats thing got out of hand with pettiness when we did have that option activated.

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »
I'm strongly opposed to this idea. We aren't Facebook. If someone really likes a post, I'd rather see a second post that perhaps quoted part of the liked one and says 'I really like what you brought up here' or something along those lines. I'd rather foster further discussion than just the Facebook approach. And like Nik said, the kudos/goats thing got out of hand with pettiness when we did have that option activated.

I really like what you brought up here!

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

I really like what you brought up here!

smart@$$!     ;D

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

Offline Sanecow

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
Like button?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
The opposition seems odd to me but I wasn't here for kudosgate.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
Yeah, I thought that feature sucked here.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »