Author Topic: Prospect News  (Read 6715 times)

Offline Bjorn

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Prospect News
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »
Tom Nilsson (D)had a nice season with Mora IK. 4g 6a and 45pims in 44 games. Not bad considering he is playing in a mensleauge (Tier 2) and is a defensive d-man. And yeah he laid quite a few nice hits. Unfortunatly i cant find any videos of it.

Petter Granberg (D) also had a steady season playing 38 games for Skellefteå in the swedish eliteleauge. Scoring 1g and 3a with 10 pims. He also played 6 games in the junior league scoring 6 points in 5 games. He seemed to get better later in the season and got to play a long playoffs when his team made it to the finals. He played 19 games in the playoffs and scored 1g and 1 a with 12pims.

Daniel Brodin (LW/RW) had a rough year. Scoring only 2g and 5a with 28pims in 46 games. His team Djurgården (Sundins old team) had a disaster of a season eventually falling out of the eliteleauge and will play next season in the tier 2 leauge.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
Thanks for that. 

Offline Stebro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 03:18:34 AM »
Daniel Brodin signed with finnish team "Ässet". So another player lost for Djurgården after being degraded.
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess. Only one feat is possible; not to run away.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »
mirtle: Leafs sign Swedish defenceman Petter Granberg to a three-year entry level contract. A fourth-rounder in 2010.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
Yay! Leaf news! (thirsty.)

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
mirtle: Leafs sign Swedish defenceman Petter Granberg to a three-year entry level contract. A fourth-rounder in 2010.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/24/petter_granberg_entry_level_contract_maple_leafs/

Offline Bjorn

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/24/petter_granberg_entry_level_contract_maple_leafs/

Im glad he signed. I like that kid. He reminds me alot about Gunnarsson but is ahead of him development wise. He is already strong enough to play against men. He is solid defensivly and makes a nice first pass. He wont score alot and he wont lay big hits but he will get the job done and eat minutes. A year or two in the AHL first ofcourse because i dont think he is ready for the NHL.

Offline LeafsInSeven

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:46 PM »
I've read that Granberg is a more physical player than Gunnarsson but probably not as skilled. I also hear that he's very physically mature. He's very strong and a hard hitter.

I thought Nilsson wasn't considered a defensive defenseman. It's tough to tell much of anything from the statistics of the young players in Swedish pro leagues.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:07:41 AM by LeafsInSeven »
Seeing how long it takes to be universally hated without saying even one offensive or mean thing.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko

#Panthers F Michal Repik & #MapleLeafs D Juraj Mikus agreed to terms with Prague's Lev of #KHL according to Hokej.cz

Offline BlueWhiteBlood

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 10:12:18 AM »
I wonder if the Leafs let him know that there was no space for him, or if he came up with this all on his own? Too bad, as I hate to lose prospects either way.
BWB

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
Corey Pronman of hockeyprospectus.com ranks the Leafs top 10.  I'm not exactly blown away by Pronman as a scout/writer/ranker of prospects, and his writing is terrible, but it's worth posting one man's opinion.   

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1353

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »