Author Topic: Leafs sign Frederik Gauthier to ELC  (Read 15643 times)

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Leafs sign Frederik Gauthier to ELC
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »

. @SportChek Player Alert: #Leafs sign 2013 1st Rd. pick Frederik Gauthier to 3 year deal http://bit.ly/1ig6eaG  #TMLtalk

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs sign Frederik Gauthier to ELC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
Not impressed with his 21 points in 23 games. 

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »
He was named to Canada's WJC evaluation group today. But he's pretty much considered a lock to make the team. They only invited 25 players so there's just a few cuts that need to be made.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
mirtle: Brent Sutter says it was a no-brainer to have Leafs prospect Fred Gauthier on team.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »
mirtle: Brent Sutter says it was a no-brainer to have Leafs prospect Fred Gauthier on team.

That is quite the endorsement.

But... his point totals aren't good in the Q!!!!!1

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »

Some nice words, but you could probably say that about all of the centres that made the team. It'll be interesting to see if he gets anything more than 4th line/PK time. Drouin, McDavid, Horvat, and Laughton are all probably ahead of him on the depth chart, with one of them moving to the wing.

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »

Some nice words, but you could probably say that about all of the centres that made the team. It'll be interesting to see if he gets anything more than 4th line/PK time. Drouin, McDavid, Horvat, and Laughton are all probably ahead of him on the depth chart, with one of them moving to the wing.

Well it's better than having a center where the coach says "That guy, we have absolutely 0 use for a player like that, he sucks"

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
Well it's better than having a center where the coach says "That guy, we have absolutely 0 use for a player like that, he sucks"

Look at you being all positive and stuff.

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »

Meh, he's 18 and getting some praise.  Things could be worse.  Whether or not he ever pans out to be an NHL player remains to be seen.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

If the substance of the praise is that Gauthier is the perfect choice to be the third or fourth line center on a team full of juniors I'm not sure which side of the divide that falls on.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »

Meh, he's 18 and getting some praise.  Things could be worse.  Whether or not he ever pans out to be an NHL player remains to be seen.

I was agreeing with your sarcasm with sarcasm of my own  ;D

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »

If the substance of the praise is that Gauthier is the perfect choice to be the third or fourth line center on a team full of juniors I'm not sure which side of the divide that falls on.

to be considered one of the top 4 or 5 centreman in Canada would be an endorsement no?

Offline Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »
yes the cup is half full
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »
to be considered one of the top 4 or 5 centreman in Canada would be an endorsement no?

I mean, I'm not a WJC expert or anything but if they build the roster so as to best resemble a traditional hockey team's line-up(as opposed to just taking the most talented players and making a sort of all-star team) then it's not quite the same thing.

I mean, it's still a good thing if Sutter thinks Gauthier would be the best third line or defensive center available to Team Canada but, in regards to the discussion regarding chooing Gauthier I'm not sure which side of the divide that lends weight to.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »

I mean, I'm not a WJC expert or anything but if they build the roster so as to best resemble a traditional hockey team's line-up(as opposed to just taking the most talented players and making a sort of all-star team) then it's not quite the same thing.

I mean, it's still a good thing if Sutter thinks Gauthier would be the best third line or defensive center available to Team Canada but, in regards to the discussion regarding chooing Gauthier I'm not sure which side of the divide that lends weight to.

Yeah I get what you're saying. We drafted a guy that may be at best a 3rd line checker. If he turns into Dave Bolland, so be it.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »