Author Topic: Kids - A thread for bragging, venting and, advice.  (Read 39159 times)

Offline Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kids - A thread for bragging, venting and, advice.
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
Congratulations to the WIGWAL's!

Online Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »
Wait a minute. Is Jackson a boy or a girl?

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
Thanks everyone, he's very much a boy ZBBMcF.

Frank, yeah he is pretty hardcore.

We've been lucky so far, he has a wonderful disposition.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 22, 2015, 10:08:22 AM »
Introducing baby Jackson, mom and baby are doing great.

This is fantastic!  Congratulations!
All The Best
Dan

Offline AlmosGirl

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2015, 08:58:57 PM »
Late to the party but congrats WIGWALS!

He's beautiful! Enjoy him. They grow so darn fast.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2015, 11:19:43 PM »
Caleb just won the regional championship in the men's ball hockey league here.  That means he is invited to the Nationals in Ottawa next year.

He is the 19 on the far left in the green jersey.  Susan and I are trying to be there as well to support him.

https://www.facebook.com/260731840620015/photos/t.1598426812/1142830489076808/?type=1&theater

He has been accepted to the tryouts for the Brampton Beasts July 23rd.  He also decided not to go because they became Montreal's affiliate and he hates Montreal.  If he does make Brampton he is hoping to play for the Solar Bears next year.
All The Best
Dan

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2017, 03:55:58 AM »
Not just for kids...

...The 2017 Santa Claus Parade Sunday in Toronto..HO!HO!HO!...

(click on image to enlarge)

See more photos here:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/11/19/photos-santa-claus-parade-brings-magic-to-the-streets.html
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:34:28 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2018, 06:45:44 AM »
So we're expecting our first in just around 3 and a half weeks. It's funny cos even though we've known for almost 30 weeks now it only just hit me in the last few days what's happening and the first hints of panic came along. I'm massively excited obviously but at the same time they're basically going to let me walk out of the hospital in a few week's time in charge of a whole other person.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:31 AM »
Congrats, Arn.

It's fairly simple to keep a baby alive; you'll figure it out. Keeping your sanity while on no sleep and raising a good human being.....that's the tough part.  :-X

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »
For the bragging side, has anyone thought about their child "I have no idea where she/he got that talent"?

I was decent in track when I was a kid, but never any serious threat to medal. My boy's in grade 3 and he not only won the 100 m, 200 m, and long jump, but he dominated. Like, the next closest boy was about 5 m back when he crossed the line. He even Usain Bolted and pulled up and looked around. I know he's just young, but I'm a proud papa.

Best thing is, even after knowing how much he won by, his first thought was how good his friends did.  :)

Online Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
Haha cheers BF! I think I'll probably concentrate on the keeping it alive bit first and hopefully the rest will take care of itself as I start to get more sleep and sanity back..

On another note, did anyone find out in advance if they were having a boy or girl? We decided not to - my thinking was you can't do anything about it and it'll be a nice surprise and my main concern is he or she comes out well and healthy with whatever appendages he or she is meant to have.

But now while getting closer and trying to do little things - like wallpaper the nursery - it's really hard to find properly neutral stuff. Even the neutral wallpaper some of it is a bit boyish and some girlish
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2018, 09:56:43 AM »
Haha cheers BF! I think I'll probably concentrate on the keeping it alive bit first and hopefully the rest will take care of itself as I start to get more sleep and sanity back..

On another note, did anyone find out in advance if they were having a boy or girl? We decided not to - my thinking was you can't do anything about it and it'll be a nice surprise and my main concern is he or she comes out well and healthy with whatever appendages he or she is meant to have.

But now while getting closer and trying to do little things - like wallpaper the nursery - it's really hard to find properly neutral stuff. Even the neutral wallpaper some of it is a bit boyish and some girlish

We didn't want to know for our kids.  We wanted a surprise.

We just didn't do any decorating based on gender...don't find out, it's much more exciting if you don't know!

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »
Woohoo! Congrats, Arn! and Bullfrog, I guess :P

Babies can't see much past 8-10 inches (i.e. the distance to your face while being held) or even in colour for the first 3 months, so just decorate with whatever as it's more for you two than the baby. They'll also forget anything from 0-3 yearsish so again, do whatever you want (i.e. Blue and White with silver trim) and you can re-evaluate based on the kid's preferences.

Online Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2018, 10:16:23 AM »

We didn't find out for the first 2, and then we found out for the 3rd.  Nothing you can do but after 2 surprises we were ok with knowing and planning for the 3rd girl.

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »
We found out the sex as soon as we could. There's just no way we could have waited. Nothing to do with decorating (your boy may love pink or your girl may love blue), just so excited to know.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »