Author Topic: New Look  (Read 3154 times)

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
Re: New Look
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 02:27:10 PM »
OH. well that esplains it I suppose. But I don't see ads when I'm on the site, except as above, when someone has posted a pic of it.
And that explains why we struggle to survive financially  8)

:-( and that is why I send donations by paypalů.. am I due again?

Offline pnjunction

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »
OH. well that esplains it I suppose. But I don't see ads when I'm on the site, except as above, when someone has posted a pic of it.

I tried disabling adblock on this page but the ads were was just too hideous.  Not to mention the garishly bright colours and skanky girls all over my screen make it hard to pretend I am doing something related to work here. ;)

My philosophy is that if I really enjoy something I'd rather just pay for it directly, so you can count on me to pitch in when there is push for donations instead.

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »

:-( and that is why I send donations by paypalů.. am I due again?

No, not at all.  You're paid up WELL in advance ;)

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »
I tried disabling adblock on this page but the ads were was just too hideous.  Not to mention the garishly bright colours and skanky girls all over my screen make it hard to pretend I am doing something related to work here. ;)

My philosophy is that if I really enjoy something I'd rather just pay for it directly, so you can count on me to pitch in when there is push for donations instead.

No worries.  I can fully understand why some can't stand the ads.  I look at them from my point as a necessary evil.  I've been working harder to get better ads, but it takes time.

So if people block ads, it's not the end of the world...   :D

Offline moon111

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
I'm getting the 'right' ad as a wide banner instead of a long upright.  It ends up squeezing the middle content into a narrow column.
R.I.P. Maureen.  You'll always be with us.

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »
I'm getting the 'right' ad as a wide banner instead of a long upright.  It ends up squeezing the middle content into a narrow column.

Thanks.  I've seen it a couple times.  I've got hold of our ad serving company and they're looking into it.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »