Author Topic: What do you use??  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Green Leaf

• Rookie
  • We Are Everyday Builders
    • View Profile
What do you use??
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
Tapatalk worth checking out? I've only ever just used the browser on my phone.

I have an iPhone and I find Tapatalk to be very user friendly and well worth the switch.

I've also found other boards that I'm on using it as well.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What do you use??
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »
Chrome on my laptop, Tapatalk on my mobile phone
All The Best
Dan

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:18 AM »
Tapatalk worth checking out? I've only ever just used the browser on my phone.

I have an iPhone and I find Tapatalk to be very user friendly and well worth the switch.

I've also found other boards that I'm on using it as well.

Tapatalk has come a long way.  I first started using it a while back, but it was sort of buggy and hogged a lot of battery, seems much more stable and plays better with the rest of the phone/tablet now.

Offline Rick Couchman

• Administrator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »
So there are ads being used on the site now that seem to auto pop-up on the phone, they don't open a new window, just change to another site that asks you to rotate your phone, when you do an ad appears. When you use the back button on your phone, the TMLfans page that you where browsing is whited out. Now imagine viewing a GDT thread and having to through this process maybe 50 times in a few hour period.

I understand this is likely a money-making venture, but I would be willing to pay or donate for ome kind of premium feature that stop this.

The ads are only designed to break even for our monthly server costs.

What are you using that causes these ad issues popping up?!  Are you on a laptop/desktop, or a mobile pad, or a mobile smartphone?  Do you use Tapatalk?  I've not run up against the issues you're having - gimme details and I'd be glad to troubleshoot as much as possible...

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »
So there are ads being used on the site now that seem to auto pop-up on the phone, they don't open a new window, just change to another site that asks you to rotate your phone, when you do an ad appears. When you use the back button on your phone, the TMLfans page that you where browsing is whited out. Now imagine viewing a GDT thread and having to through this process maybe 50 times in a few hour period.

I understand this is likely a money-making venture, but I would be willing to pay or donate for ome kind of premium feature that stop this.

The ads are only designed to break even for our monthly server costs.

What are you using that causes these ad issues popping up?!  Are you on a laptop/desktop, or a mobile pad, or a mobile smartphone?  Do you use Tapatalk?  I've not run up against the issues you're having - gimme details and I'd be glad to troubleshoot as much as possible...

It happens exclusively on Safari on the iphone 5, like I said the regular pop-ups are fine and I'd even go as far as clicking ads, but these new ones would just completely change the page to the ad site and then when coming back to tmlfans via the back button, the page I was using is whited out, I then have to refresh and the process starts all over again. It makes using the browser to access the site almost impossible.

I've switched back to using tapatalk, but I preferred viewing the site through safari when reading a gameday thread.

I understand the point of ads, server costs etc, hence why a premium feature that blocked ads in exchange for a donation to offset the lost ad revenue might be feasible, but that might take a lot of work to implement.

Bottom line, if this is going to be any kind of great hassle for you to fix Rick, don't give it a second thought, I can go back to tapatalk, no big deal, god knows you do enough for this place.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »