Author Topic: At least Luke has a realistic view  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: At least Luke has a realistic view
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »
Why do I get the sense that Schenn will be a part of a trade that will bring a young no.1 center to Toronto?With the accumulation of younger D on the team now and the pressing need for talent up front...this might be just what happens...I hope not but it could happen.

It had better to never happen!  :)

I hope so but this is an organization that has a track record of kissing off it's best players, even if they want to retire as Leafs.

You can only accommodate so much in what a player wants before hurting the team.  Tucker probably wanted to retire a Leaf, would you have wanted him on the team the last few years of his career?

I'm talking Sundin and Kaberle.  Tucker was not one of our best players, good as he was in his prime.  So Damian, it does include Burke.

I am not going to get into a re-debate over Mats and Kabs; I'm just saying that the likelihood of Lockdown spending his whole career as a Leaf is low, even if he keeps performing at a high level.

Offline Damian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:36 PM »
Why do I get the sense that Schenn will be a part of a trade that will bring a young no.1 center to Toronto?With the accumulation of younger D on the team now and the pressing need for talent up front...this might be just what happens...I hope not but it could happen.

I hope so but this is an organization that has a track record of kissing off it's best players, even if they want to retire as Leafs.

You can only accommodate so much in what a player wants before hurting the team.  Tucker probably wanted to retire a Leaf, would you have wanted him on the team the last few years of his career?

I'm talking Sundin and Kaberle.  Tucker was not one of our best players, good as he was in his prime.  So Damian, it does include Burke.

I am not going to get into a re-debate over Mats and Kabs; I'm just saying that the likelihood of Lockdown spending his whole career as a Leaf is low, even if he keeps performing at a high level.

I gotcha... but to be fair, I don't think that's just here either. I think it'its pretty much the norm for professional sports in general. A career with one team is the exception rather than the rule these days

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »

Sundin was less than stellar in his last hockey appearance with the Canucks.  The entire point of trying to trade him was to get assets back in return and it would have been the right move. 

Also, the Leafs didn't trade Sundin away, he walked.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Sundin was less than stellar in his last hockey appearance with the Canucks.  The entire point of trying to trade him was to get assets back in return and it would have been the right move. 

Also, the Leafs didn't trade Sundin away, he walked.
The right move IMO was to offer him an extension and let him retire a Leaf, which is exactly what he wanted to do. Sundin didn't walk away from the Leafs...he wasn't given a choice...the Leafs didn't want him back.

Offline Damian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »
Can we NOT turn this into a Sundin and older Leafs thread? Theres already one for that.... Luke baby, Luke!

Offline AvroArrow

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
Can we please take Sundin/Kaberle talk to another thread.  Thanks in advance.
I keep seeing updates to this thread thinking there might be news on Schenn signing.

Offline Britishbulldog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »
Can we please take Sundin/Kaberle talk to another thread.  Thanks in advance.
I keep seeing updates to this thread thinking there might be news on Schenn signing.

+1
All The Best
Dan

Offline Ronco

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
Aww well Cliff Fletcher moved up in the draft smaft and grabbed this guy.
The Leafs have a killer load on the blue line.

You think you've seen the best of schenn?

Not yet he's only getting better.

I'm liking the blueline this year.

Schenn is an anchor.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »