Author Topic: Random rumours  (Read 35496 times)

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Random rumours
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:12 PM »
I mean honestly. Kessel isn't 'Bruins material.' - Not gritty enough. So, let's trade him away for (in part) a draft pick which we use for a another guy who apparently isn't 'Bruins material' either so we can acquire another guy who... er, you know...

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 01:11:48 PM »
Lets go with the crazy.........

How about we flip Bernier in a package for Schneider. Package Reimer for Letang, and sign Horton, LeCavalier and Ference to deals? ;)
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
It's going to be one of those summers . . . a lot of rumours and, my guess, very little that actually comes to fruition.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
It's going to be one of those summers . . . a lot of rumours and, my guess, very little that actually comes to fruition.

i was thinking the same thing...in fact i saw that dreger had tweeted how he was surprised at how little movement there has been already with the amount of talking going on.

Offline caveman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »
Here's hoping that out of all this fervor the Leafs can pick up a good player. ( or 2 ??)

Offline sampson

• Marlie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
No reason why we can't sign Horton and Clarkson and LeCavlier. No problem.

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »
I wonder if the 5.75 cap hit Seguin is due to start earning this season makes the Bruins nervous.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »

i was thinking the same thing...in fact i saw that dreger had tweeted how he was surprised at how little movement there has been already with the amount of talking going on.

It's really not all the surprising when you really think about it, though. The cap is set to drop $6M. Right now, you have a situation where there are a lot of sellers and not that many buyers. Tough to get a deal done when both sides are looking to shed salary.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online sneakyray

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

It's really not all the surprising when you really think about it, though. The cap is set to drop $6M. Right now, you have a situation where there are a lot of sellers and not that many buyers. Tough to get a deal done when both sides are looking to shed salary.

its still fun to see the B's go off the deep end today...and the canucks do a 180 on their goaltenders...and see the pens sweating it out with letang...and the lightning having to buy out their captain, not to mention the buyouts in philly.

I'm sure I'm missing some of the other circus acts in the nhl right now but it's nice to see the leafs sitting pretty right now.

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
Imagine if Seguin was traded to Toronto, what would Bruins fans chant then?

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »
From TSN:

2:13pm et - Told Mark Fraser got QO from the Toronto Maple Leafs on a 2 way Qualifier and will not accept - Aaron Ward

Offline Deebo

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Random rumours
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
@RenLavoieRDS: Can Daniel Aldredsson play in another city than Ottawa next season ? I've been told yes, but his priority is to play for the Senators. #RDS

Really Renaud? Off the the ridiculous things that have rumoured...

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 06:50:25 PM »
@RenLavoieRDS: Can Daniel Aldredsson play in another city than Ottawa next season ? I've been told yes, but his priority is to play for the Senators. #RDS

Really Renaud? Off the the ridiculous things that have rumoured...

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏ of the Boston Globe & Mail has also said on twitter that the Bruins should target Alfy. I can understand maybe if Ottawa had cap issues, but they're in a great position there. Melynk will give him whatever he wants.

Offline bakeapples

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Not 100 per cent yet but looks like Nathan Horton will NOT be back with BOS. B's talking trade and Tyler Seguin's name has been discussed.

That's interesting. Why would they entertain a Seguin trade I wonder?

Cause he's a major league scumbag!

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »
It's probably unwise to read anything in to the fact that Seguin only had 1 goal in the playoffs.  It's a bit of a statistical fluke that he had 1.43% shooting percentage over a 20-game stretch.  He still had 70 shots on goal, which is a good rate and shows good all-around skills.  Ovechkin, Kessel, Stamkos even (I believe without checking) have had 20-game stretches where they've scored just 1 or 2 goals.

If Boston was going to throw him away, I'd pick him up. 

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »