Author Topic: Yes, it's time for Eakins  (Read 4138 times)

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, it's time for Eakins
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
No to pile on and react to an obvious hot streak for the team, but I think Carlyle as much as anything else is responsible for the team's early good play.  Really, seeing the way Carlyle operates makes me thin - retrospectively at least - of how inferior Wilson coached in the last few seasons.  Would Wilson have sat $8.5M in defensive salaries?  Would he have had the conviction to play Orr with MacArthur and Kadri?  Would he have played 3 Marlie defensemen? 

By the way, these are rhetorical questions.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
No to pile on and react to an obvious hot streak for the team, but I think Carlyle as much as anything else is responsible for the team's early good play.  Really, seeing the way Carlyle operates makes me thin - retrospectively at least - of how inferior Wilson coached in the last few seasons.  Would Wilson have sat $8.5M in defensive salaries?  Would he have had the conviction to play Orr with MacArthur and Kadri?  Would he have played 3 Marlie defensemen? 

By the way, these are rhetorical questions.

To be fair to Wilson, and boy do I not anticipate using that sentence too often, I do think the decision to sit high priced veterans or make radically different line-up choices are things that are a ton easier to do when your boss isn't the GM who brought those guys to the team.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »