Author Topic: Owuya assigned to ECHL  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
Owuya assigned to ECHL
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Toronto Marlies ‏@TorontoMarlies

The Toronto Marlies announced today, goaltender Mark Owuya has been reassigned to Las Vegas of the ECHL

Not surprising, he needs to play.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
Re: Owuya assigned to ECHL
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »
You may want to fix the thread title.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »
This mean Rynnas is ready to go and give Benji some competation. I have gut feeling that Rynnas if he can stay healthy will be with the Loafs one day soon
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Offline RobDM

• Administrator
  • Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »
You may want to fix the thread title.

Done.  :)

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
There was something wrong with it?  :'(

Offline RobDM

• Administrator
  • Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
There was something wrong with it?  :'(

It was originally "AHL".

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
Exam brain.

Offline drummond

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
Good start for Owuya with the Wranglers - 25 saves in 5-1 win over Bakersfield Condors.

Online WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »
I think Owuya might be gone by the end of the season, back to Sweden or with another team that will give him more of a shot.

He's been consistently good and has been consigned to the ECHL for most of his time with the Leafs because of our logjam in net.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Owuya assigned to ECHL
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
I think Owuya might be gone by the end of the season, back to Sweden or with another team that will give him more of a shot.

He's been consistently good and has been consigned to the ECHL for most of his time with the Leafs because of our logjam in net.

You do realize that we're in a lockout right? That's the only reason why he's not competing for a Marlies job. I expect him to be back.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline drummond

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

You do realize that we're in a lockout right? That's the only reason why he's not competing for a Marlies job. I expect him to be back.

I believe that if he wanted to leave (or if he had a better option) he would already do so (see Komarov). The stint with Wranglers is certainly not anything to write home about, but the most important thing is that he plays. The Wranglers won over conference leading Ontario Reign 6-3 with Mark in the net again. Las Vegas team was terribly outshot in the first, he kept them in the game to improve his record 2-0. If he can elevate the bottom feeder Wranglers into the playoffs that´s certainly something to build upon (especially if he did that last year with the Royals and in his time with Marlies he was more than impressive). If he wants to crack the Leafs line-up, to get there the road does not lead through Sweden, that´s for sure and I tend to believe he knows that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:38:50 AM by drummond »

Offline drummond

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:22 AM »
Btw, Owuya improved his record to 3-0

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »

I'm not sure that's true. It's true only if you assume one of the AHL goalies will make the Leafs.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Owuya assigned to ECHL
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 10:39:21 AM »

I'm not sure that's true. It's true only if you assume one of the AHL goalies will make the Leafs.

If there was no lockout it would've been Reimer/Scrivens.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline Sudafederov

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Owuya assigned to ECHL
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
Saw some rumours out there he wasn't issued a qualifying offer, therefore UFA.

TMLfans.ca

Owuya assigned to ECHL
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »