Author Topic: GDT - 8 game road trip - Oct. 26th 7:30 @ Hamilton  (Read 9607 times)

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: GDT - 8 game road trip - Oct. 26th 7:30 @ Hamilton
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
The Marlies need a tough guy. Games like that get ugly and meatballs like Sortini last night start trying to take on anyone and everyone.  Every AHL team has a meatball or two... not safe to live without one.

Corn, has Devane been playing?  I haven't seen him in the box scores....

Offline RobDM

• Administrator
  • Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Devane and Crescenzi have been assigned to San Francisco of the ECHL.

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
Devane and Crescenzi have been assigned to San Francisco of the ECHL.

Thanks, Rob.

I was watching some of the fights from the Bulldogs - Marlies game and I think Corn is being way too genrous in calling Stortini a meatball.  He's an idiot.  Kenny Ryan delivers a clean, but hard, bodycheck and Stortini jumps him and starts pounding away as Ryan is on the gorund covering up.  I'm not certain that the NHL will play this year, or that Stortini will make a team, but I would look forward to him getting his comeuppins from one of the heavyweights of the League.

And not to derail this thread, but why players continue to jump in after a clean hit is delivered is beyond me. 

Online caveman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
Stortini is regularly a punching bag for any of the other tough guys. He would only get away with this when no enforcer is dressed.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »

And not to derail this thread, but why players continue to jump in after a clean hit is delivered is beyond me.

It blows my mind as well, but it's the way this league(NHL or AHL) has gone in recent years as the speed has increased and the need for actual 'tough guys' has diminished. It is the new way that players are protected as opposed to two tough guys dropping 'em.

As for Stortini, he played here in his JR days. I don't recall him being that much of an idiot. Perhaps it's a guy just grasping to keep a job in the game.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »