Author Topic: Marlies Broadcast Schedule 2012/2013  (Read 1571 times)

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Marlies Broadcast Schedule 2012/2013
« on: October 12, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »
The Marlies have posted their broadcast schedule for the month of October. The team plays 4 home games and 2 away games. All 4 home games will be shown on TV with Sportsnet and LeafsTV each airing two. TSN radio will play 1 of the away games and 3 of the home games. You can view the schedule here:

http://www.marlies.ca/schedule/index.asp

Hopefully the plan isn't to just show home games on TV, because as you might have noticed the team goes on an 8-game road trip from October 26th to November 16th.

Offline LuncheonMeat

• Veteran
  • Tank!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Marlies Broadcast Schedule 2012/2013
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »
I was really hoping CBC/HNIC would step up and air a couple of early games so those of us in the US could see them.  Once the NHL season is cancelled, may the network will change its tune.   :-\
“How many people from Ontario play in the National Hockey League? Once we make it safe, they’re coming home. Mark my words, they’ll be coming.”
~ Mike Bacock, in an open letter to Steven Stamkos John Tavares

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »
I was really hoping CBC/HNIC would step up and air a couple of early games so those of us in the US could see them.  Once the NHL season is cancelled, may the network will change its tune.   :-\

I'd imagine there will be streams available.

Offline Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:56 AM »

I'd imagine there will be streams available.

For the love of god let there be streams available.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »

The AHL has a Canadian TV deal with Sportsnet. Odds of seeing any games on CBC are slim.

Offline Fletch

• Prospect
  • 6'5", 6'9" with the Afro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »
It was nice hearing Joe Bowen doing the play-by-play the other night.

Sportsnet and MLSE seem to be treating AHL as a major league.  Of course, it might be just because they are on the hook for Joe Bowen's salary.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
So. Not even radio for tonight's game? The AHL, and the Marlies in particular have a real opportunity here to gain a substantial fan base, that could carry forward even after the lockout is over. Yet, they choose not to televise the majority of their games and we only get a handful? I don't quite get the strategy. With no competitve hockey to watch, I for one would be tuning to these games!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:14:54 PM by RedLeaf »
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »