Author Topic: Who was the craziest Maple Leaf ?  (Read 5668 times)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
Re: Who was the craziest Maple Leaf ?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »
Kurt Walker?  His spitting on The Flyers Dave "The Hammer" Schultz  got him ejected, (and eventually suspended), during a fight in a Leafs-Flyers playoff tilt back then.  The Leafs needed all the Kurt Walkers in their arsenal against the big, bad Flyers, and missing Kurt 'hurt' the Leafs badly, indeed.

I liked Tiger Williams (one of my favourite Leafs), but that stick-swinging duel with the L.A. Kings Dave Hutchison during a playoff game way back in those days, was a wild act on both players part.

Offline KW Sluggo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
Some old ones that spring to mind...

Eddie Shack getting into it with the Pocket Rocket and then grabbing Henri Richard's head and giving him a cocobonk to end the altercation.

The usually mild mannered Frank Mahovlich skating over to the penalty box and using his stick to jump the boards and start pummeling Chicago tough guy defenceman Jack Evans.

And Forbes Kennedy just lost his freaking mind one night against the Bruins (then a very tough and dirty team). Blood and hockey equipment everywhere.

The one night Shack got into a stick swinging fight with Larry Zeidel although I somehow recall that Shack was no longer a Leaf at the time.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:45:51 PM by KW Sluggo »

Offline moon111

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
Probably none of these guys are as nuts as any of the goaltenders.
R.I.P. Maureen.  You'll always be with us.

Offline Kessel Run

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
Tucker was pretty insane.

Also, maybe not as much with the Maple Leafs, but Eddie Belfour had a pretty interesting career.

Offline jdh1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
Kurt Walker?  His spitting on The Flyers Dave "The Hammer" Schultz  got him ejected, (and eventually suspended), during a fight in a Leafs-Flyers playoff tilt back then.  The Leafs needed all the Kurt Walkers in their arsenal against the big, bad Flyers, and missing Kurt 'hurt' the Leafs badly, indeed.

I liked Tiger Williams (one of my favourite Leafs), but that stick-swinging duel with the L.A. Kings Dave Hutchison during a playoff game way back in those days, was a wild act on both players part.
Was it Kurt or Luke Walker..I thought his name was Luke Walker..anyways I still remember that game.He was thrown out in the 1st period I think.

Offline jdh1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »

Was it Kurt or Luke Walker..I thought his name was Luke Walker..anyways I still remember that game.He was thrown out in the 1st period I think.
Your right it was Kurt Walker,my mistake.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 11:35:48 PM »