Author Topic: 2012 / 13 World Club Soccer Thread  (Read 6240 times)

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 / 13 World Club Soccer Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »
Champions League round of 16 starts today...match of interest today: Chelsea @ PSG

yeah Im looking forward to tournament...Chelsea has looked real good for most of year..Paris St Germain I know are battling injuries.. Id go with Chelsea in this one

Offline Madferret

• Veteran
  • CHUCK NORRIS X2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 09:38:26 AM »
Chelsea is def the better team in every area on and off the pitch and should take the leg. I'm looking forward to watching Ibra play in an actual meaningful game again though.

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »

Chelsea. Probably my most loathed sporting team in the world.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video

Second only to those orange bastards out of Ibrox.

At least they where liquidated right enough.

brothert

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video

are you serious with this shit?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/05/colour-blindness-must-be-goal-of-all-scottish-football-fans-after-jordan-tapping-racism-scandal-4415565/
Not only Rangers but Celtic has a litany of racist incidents
they havent mentioned the treatment of damarcus beasley, maurice edu.
Its such an embarassment to scotland i'm shocked you would have the balls to throw in some religious bigotry to boot.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:07:21 PM by JohnK's Revenge »

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »

I'm no expert or anything but it seems to me like just about every European soccer team has a certain number of fans who are awful racists.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

• All Star
    • View Profile
2012 / 13 World Club Soccer Thread
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

are you serious with this shit?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/05/colour-blindness-must-be-goal-of-all-scottish-football-fans-after-jordan-tapping-racism-scandal-4415565/
Not only Rangers but Celtic has a litany of racist incidents
they havent mentioned the treatment of damarcus beasley, maurice edu.
Its such an embarassment to scotland i'm shocked you would have the balls to throw in some religious bigotry to boot.

Yes, growing up in the city, I grew to really dislike the Orange order and those of that persuasion.

You are right in that there are morons on both sides.

However, I found that the tendency towards more institutional, right wing values led to a greater percentage of those on the blue half of the divide.

I know this is a debate that will rage on for a long time yet, it's probably best we don't get too deep into it here.

Having lived in the front lines of this divide, having been the victim of unwarranted attack and having been discriminated against based on my name and the school I went to, it's an opinion not without merit.

Nothing personal to you either John, you seem like a well informed reasonable sort.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:36:52 PM by Patrick »

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 07:37:40 AM »
that was disgusting behavior

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 01:40:04 AM »
What a game between Celtic and Inter. Gifted them 2 goals, but still so exciting.

That crowd noise was deafening.

Offline Arn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 05:27:45 AM »
A friend of mine was at that game last night, said he ranked it as one of his top 3 sport watching experiences of all time purely for the crowd.

With regards to the Chelsea stuff earlier, I would say you and I come from opposite sides of the divide over here. I actually find it interesting that it's actually more vitriolic in Scotland than it is here in Northern Ireland now, especially focused around the Old Firm Celtic v rangers football.

Chelsea however are just a team I find absolutely abhorrent and it seems I'm far from the only one. Their fans are utter filth from my experience. As you say as well though, there is a definite link between Chelsea and Rangers (and indeed my local team in Northern Ireland, Linfield) which seems to bring a pretty horrible element out. I'd argue that the extremes on the Celtic side are as bad.

But the problem is that it exists at all, of course.

brothert

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31663628
"It is the sixth time in three years that Celtic have been charged over supporter behaviour"

The question is when is FIFA/EUFA going to get serious about this stuff and start hitting teams where it hurts, like being banned from these tournaments for a year.

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
They should be punished for the flare incident, the fans themselves should also be policing this too.

I think playing behind closed doors would be appropriate should this happen again.

UEFA are toothless though, their pathetic handling of racist incidents shows that.

Also, setting off flares vs destroying a city akin to the bombing of the Luftwaffe.

www.theguardian.com/football/2010/sep/03/rangers-hooligans-manchester-riot

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »
Meanwhile on this side of the pond, the Montreal Impact score a goal in stoppage time to salvage a 1-1 draw vs Pachuca of Mexico tonight at the Big O. This leaves the teams tied 3-3 on aggregate, but the Impact advance to the semis of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League on the away goals rule. Their opponent will either be Alajuelense of Costa Rica or DC United. Alajuelense leads 5-2 after the 1st leg of that QF. 2nd leg goes tomorrow night in DC.

Offline Arn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 04:38:51 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31663628
"It is the sixth time in three years that Celtic have been charged over supporter behaviour"

The question is when is FIFA/EUFA going to get serious about this stuff and start hitting teams where it hurts, like being banned from these tournaments for a year.

My team from Northern Ireland was fined 15,000 for the heinous crime of..... fans standing on a bit of ground behind one of the goals at a home European game.

So that's more than double what Celtic get fined for actual violence and crowd trouble. And they're repeat offenders.

Online hockeyfan1

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »