Author Topic: Marlies Talk  (Read 116396 times)

Offline showmethemoneyman

• Prospect
    • View Profile
Re: Marlies Talk
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »
I mentioned in the CHL thread that Devane has been sent back to the OHL for his overage year, and today Owuya was sent to the ECHL to get some playing time. That clears up a rather crowded Marlies roster a little bit.
i would think Owuya will stay in the ECHL all year, get lots of play as  a starter there.  won´t hurt his development , I seem to remember a guy  called Reimer played the year there 2-3 years ago.

Offline Leafaholic99

• Veteran
  • Optimus Reim
    • View Profile
    • Wuskwatim
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
Ryan Hamilton was named the teams captain. Zigomanis and Finger wore the 'A's last night.

Kinda of bitter sweet, getting the C anytime is nice, but in the AHL it usually means your chances of ever being called up are slim.

I thought Hamilton should have been given a shot late last year, just to see what he could do at the NHL level.

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
If there is one guy I'd really like to see excell with the marlies this year it has got to be Colbourne.  I want to see him score at a ppg+ to give us some hope he can become a top center in the NHL.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »
If there is one guy I'd really like to see excell with the marlies this year it has got to be Colbourne.  I want to see him score at a ppg+ to give us some hope he can become a top center in the NHL.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »

6 points in 3 games including 3 goals makes for a nice start.

Offline Big Daddy

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
Sorry to sound ignorant but I dont follow the marlies closely.  Who are Colbourne's linemates? And if Frattin and Kadri return to the marlies would they make up a line  Frattin-Colbourne-Kadri?  How would a power play unit with Gardiner-Blacker look?

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 12:31:38 PM »
"Colborne" if you please.  8)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 12:36:54 PM »
"Colborne" if you please.  8)

And he's been playing with Caputi and Crabb. Leads the team with 3 goals and 3 assists in 3 games.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:26 PM »
Sorry to sound ignorant but I dont follow the marlies closely.  Who are Colbourne's linemates? And if Frattin and Kadri return to the marlies would they make up a line  Frattin-Colbourne-Kadri?  How would a power play unit with Gardiner-Blacker look?

I'd say that's exactly what the power play could look like when the Leafs get healthy and that's looking pretty good for the Marlies if you ask me. I don't mind the notion of playing the heck out of Gardiner and Blacker together in pretty much every situation.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
Marlies move to 3-1 on the season with a 4-0 win over Lake Erie today. Rynnas in his first game gets the SO facing 21 shots.  Crabb 2 g,1 a, D'amigo with 1g, 2 a and Colborne with another assist to keep his point streak intact.

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 04:35:02 PM »
I haven't had a chance to catch a Marlie game yet, has Colborne really dominated?
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline Green Leaf

• Rookie
  • We Are Everyday Builders
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 03:14:23 PM »
Is there a broadcast schedule for the marlies yet? The one on the site, as of 2 days ago was not updated.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »
Is there a broadcast schedule for the marlies yet? The one on the site, as of 2 days ago was not updated.

The right-hand side of this schedule indicates if a game is being broadcasted:

http://www.marlies.ca/schedule/index.asp

Although I'm not sure if that's 100% correct, as that's considerably less games on TV than there was last year. Wasn't able to find anything else though. Although it doesn't look like CBC is showing any games this season.

Offline seahawk

• Site Contributor
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »

Although I'm not sure if that's 100% correct, as that's considerably less games on TV than there was last year. Wasn't able to find anything else though. Although it doesn't look like CBC is showing any games this season.

There was an article on the AHL website a couple weeks ago indicating that a broadcast deal had been struck with Sportsnet. It did mention the Marlies-Bulldogs outdoor game and the All Star Game, but nothing on any regular season dates.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »

There was an article on the AHL website a couple weeks ago indicating that a broadcast deal had been struck with Sportsnet. It did mention the Marlies-Bulldogs outdoor game and the All Star Game, but nothing on any regular season dates.

I seem to remember them picking up the playoffs too, although I could be wrong.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »