Author Topic: Karma isn't necessarily a witch...  (Read 18691 times)

Offline Derk

• Veteran
  • Robble
    • View Profile
Re: Karma isn't necessarily a witch...
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
Makes me wonder who has time for that. You can smite/applaud someone once an hour. But who the heck has time to sit online that long to unload multiple smites/applause on someone?! And isn't there something more productive to do in that time than spiteful smite-ing? Really....

<-----waiting for that number to drop now too.

I applaud this comment. Your cunning plan has backfired!  ;D

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »
*sigh*

so much for making my point.

:P

Offline A Weekend at Bernier's

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
I keep applauding Nick but it's been a futile exercise.  Drops of rain in an ocean of smites....

Online TimKerr

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
I've lost like 10 or so points in the past few days but whatever... Anyway, Nik and I have had some differences in the past and we'll likely have more in the future but whoever is just sitting there nailing people they don't like when the mood strikes (Nik in particular) really needs a hobby - or hockey back.

I'm getting a little tired of whoever it is that seems intent on making sure I don't have a positive karma number.   I climb up above 0 for a few hours then boom.. back down I go.  I guess the latest thing I did to deserve being smited was to post links to prospect profiles I did and answer some questions.  What a jerk I am.

There has to be one or two people doing what you suggested because it's a little ridiculous... especially whoever is slamming Nik.   

You are a good poster and a reasonable adult.
If you'll allow me my opinion I don't think you should let this silly smiting game affect you in the least.

I'm sure there are lots of anonymous people on this board as well. You are assuming it is for something you have done as opposed to just being the object of a bored 12 year old.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2012, 01:44:12 AM »
I've lost like 10 or so points in the past few days but whatever... Anyway, Nik and I have had some differences in the past and we'll likely have more in the future but whoever is just sitting there nailing people they don't like when the mood strikes (Nik in particular) really needs a hobby - or hockey back.

I'm getting a little tired of whoever it is that seems intent on making sure I don't have a positive karma number.   I climb up above 0 for a few hours then boom.. back down I go.  I guess the latest thing I did to deserve being smited was to post links to prospect profiles I did and answer some questions.  What a jerk I am.

There has to be one or two people doing what you suggested because it's a little ridiculous... especially whoever is slamming Nik.   

You are a good poster and a reasonable adult.
If you'll allow me my opinion I don't think you should let this silly smiting game affect you in the least.

I'm sure there are lots of anonymous people on this board as well. You are assuming it is for something you have done as opposed to just being the object of a bored 12 year old.

Yeah I forget completely about the karma/smite thing until, like now, I've read all the new posts and see this post as the only one left with something unread. 

And for the record, based on the way the vast majority of the board conducts and articulates themselves, I highly doubt anyone here is not at least 15 or older.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2012, 04:31:23 AM »
I started out with a +1, then went to +6, tumbled down back to +2, then +1, then 0, and up again, but now I'm left at -4.

I don't these karma tags are indicative of majority of opinion, they certainly are not reflective of that, not even for Nik, for heaven's sakes.

It isn't really fair to the individual, as some people may be reluctant to feel free to post comments for 'fear' of negativity.

I personally don't like having these tags on this discussion board, after all this isn't Facebook nor a Yahoo! Comments section (where people give Yu a thumbs up and/or a thumbs down fr the particular comment for the particular topic of the day, then you start anew with each different story & comments one makes.

Oh well, I'll live with it.  :)

Offline caveman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2012, 05:31:43 PM »
I see Nik is at minus 200 on his Karma. It's bloody ridiculous. Some wiener is getting his jollies by abusing this system. I know Nik isn't bothered by it but I want to take the fun out of it for the person doing it. There is no reason a guy who makes regular, intelligent posts should have a rating like that. I come to this site a few times every day and I am going to applaud Nik every time i log on. If some other regulars do the same we can either get his rating back to where it belongs, or make the wiener work a lot harder to diss Nik.

Offline caveman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2012, 08:04:50 PM »
and now my Karma has dropped 3 points in 2 hours since I posted this. Go ahead, pal. Fill your boots! You must be one sad little person.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
Damnit, just about climb out of the hole I created for myself and blammo...the karma feature disappears...

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »
I have to admit I'm not sad to see it go at all. There's enough immaturity and misbehavior around here already, that feature just gave people a way to be spiteful to eachother.

I'd give kudos to whoever made this decision, but....

;D

Offline Corn Flake

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
It's too bad it got used the way it did because I think it could have been useful. Clearly there were a few people who decided to abuse it and had nothing but time on their hands to do so.  The way Nik's karma ended up where it did was just ridiculous, and caveman's went from -1 or -2 all the way down to -58 over a week or so, in what looked like only because he dared to comment about it on this thread.

Maybe it's one of those things that needs to be in place from day 1 to balance out fairly but who knows.  At least one idiot took what could have been a good idea and turned it into a sham.  So to that person or persons, I say you suck.  And to the owners and board mods who gave it a shot - thanks for trying it, but thanks for calling a merciful end to it.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
Good riddance!

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
I think the best way to do it is to only have 'applause' or good ratings given to posts. Another board I frequent goes this route. Whenever a person gets a good rating, a reason needs to be given. That way there, people can't smite just to cause shite.

Online bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
But, now what am I supposed to do when someone makes an insufferably bad joke?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
But, now what am I supposed to do when someone makes an insufferably bad joke?

Go on a rampage?

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »