Author Topic: Huge CFL thread  (Read 225 times)

Offline Frank E

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Huge CFL thread
« on: August 07, 2018, 06:23:47 PM »
Probably not too many CFL fans here, and I'm certainly not a big fan myself, but as a bona fide season ticket holder of the Ti-Cats (for political reasons), I was watching with interest Manziel's debut with the Als last weekend.

Wow.  I'm not sure it could have went worse.

And Hamilton sold a ton of Manziel merchandise, only to never start him, then trade him 6 games into the season.  I have to think that they just didn't see a CFL future with him at all, or else they would have moved Masoli instead for sure.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Huge CFL thread
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:33:27 AM »
Probably not too many CFL fans here, and I'm certainly not a big fan myself, but as a bona fide season ticket holder of the Ti-Cats (for political reasons), I was watching with interest Manziel's debut with the Als last weekend.

Wow.  I'm not sure it could have went worse.

And Hamilton sold a ton of Manziel merchandise, only to never start him, then trade him 6 games into the season.  I have to think that they just didn't see a CFL future with him at all, or else they would have moved Masoli instead for sure.

I think they may of seen potential from Manziel but Masoli started the season on fire and has yet to slow down. Hard to trade him.

Offline Dappleganger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »
Manziel has talent. The mental side of the game might hold him back.

Hamilton had Masoli playing great, Montreal had a dire need for, pretty much anything. Montreal gave up a ton for Manziel, that's the main reason Hamilton makes the trade. Not because of any foreseen deficiencies in Manziel's game.

As for Manziel's debut with Montreal, I'm looking forward to his next start.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »