Author Topic: 2017-1018 NFL Thread  (Read 1267 times)

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
Re: 2017-1018 NFL Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 03:15:16 AM »
In the NFC Championship at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, PA,  Sunday,  Eagles Quarterback Nick Foles led his Philadelphia Eagles to a stunning 38-7 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Foles, who had taken over during the season from starter Carson Wentz, was 26/33 on 352 yards and three touchdowns.

The Eagles will now meet the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.

Story:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/21/philadelphia-eagles-minnesota-vikings-nfc-championship-game-nfl
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:24:10 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 09:31:11 AM »
I've been an Eagles fan since the days of Ron Jaworski when they went and lost the SuperBowl to the Oakland Raiders.  Hope 3rd time is the charm.

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »
I've been an Eagles fan since the days of Ron Jaworski when they went and lost the SuperBowl to the Oakland Raiders.  Hope 3rd time is the charm.

They probably have a chance but only if they can contain Tom Brady.  He is a one-man show when it counts the most and with the minutes ticking.   The fact that Philly QB Nick Toles singlehandedly tore apart the stingiest defence in league, the Minnesota Vikings,  in leading his team here, tells a few tales.  I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a QB competition between Brady & Toles.

As far as the everyone knows, the Eagles aren't being considered to defeat the Patriots.  And for good reason.  We've seen Brady at work and the magic he can create, being among the best QB in history.

I don't mean to sound bleak, but if the Eagles do things right, they might have a chance to win it.  Never know, anything can happen in a game, especially when the stakes are high.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:45:45 PM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
                           Super Bowl LII  (Super Bowl 52)

Philadelphia Eagles vs New England Patriots

Sunday February 4th, 2018

Keybank Stadium   Minneapolis, MI

Kickoff  6PM Eastern

The halftime show (that's the best part of it) will feature Justin Timberlake and some other entertainers.

Source:   NFL.com

Will the Eagles' QB Nick Toles attempt a repeat performance such as the way he dismantled the Vikings in the NFC Championship game?

Will Tom Brady add to his Super Bowl repertoire by making NFL history?

A battle of the quarterbacks it is.  I'm counting on Brady winning even in the  last-minute.  It has been his specialty through and through to pull the magic out of a hat, so to speak, and usually a great & experienced  quarterback almost always prevails.  Unless...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:59:10 PM by hockeyfan1 »

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 10:10:43 AM »
Going to a friends place for a SuperBowl party.  Been an Eagles fan since like 1980, so I'm hoping they can pull this off. Luckily the party will be full of Eagles fans, since the friends I'm going to are originally from Philly :)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:04 PM »

*Dead*

Congrats Zee.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline hockeyfan1

• All Star
  • #TorontoStrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 02:50:27 AM »
This pretty well sums it up:

Congratulations Super Bowl Champions! 

Philly QB Nick Foles named game MVP.  Wow, what a night he had and a Super Bowl to remember, quite unlike any other.

Some say if only there was an extra minute, that the Patriots' Brady would have had more time to create his last-minute magic or two. Well maybe, but considering the formidable pressure the Eagles' defence waged against Brady, it would be highly doubtful to have imagined such a scenario.

The keys to the game were the Eagles' Zach Ertz touchdown that pulled Philadelphia ahead late in the fourth quarter, and the sack of & subsequent fumble by Brady that put a dent in New England's comeback plans late in that sam quarter.

Job very well done, Philadelphia.  Enjoy the victory Eagles fans!
"Fly Eagles Fly".

Story:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/super-bowl-nfl-new-england-patriots-philadelphia-eagles-1.4519378
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:58:34 AM by hockeyfan1 »

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 03:48:03 PM »
I don't care about the NFL, but I'm really happy about this.

https://deadspin.com/one-handed-linebacker-shaquem-griffin-drafted-by-seahaw-1825626658

Here's Shaquem's piece for the Player's Tribune.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:21:25 PM by herman »

Online herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »
I don't care about the NFL, but I'm pretty angry about this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html

This is straight up Westworld poop garbage.
When the Washington Redskins took their cheerleading squad to Costa Rica in 2013 for a calendar photo shoot, the first cause for concern among the cheerleaders came when Redskins officials collected their passports upon arrival at the resort, depriving them of their official identification.

For the photo shoot, at the adults-only Occidental Grand Papagayo resort on Culebra Bay, some of the cheerleaders said they were required to be topless, though the photographs used for the calendar would not show nudity. Others wore nothing but body paint. Given the resort’s secluded setting, such revealing poses would not have been a concern for the women — except that the Redskins had invited spectators.

A contingent of sponsors and FedExField suite holders — all men — were granted up-close access to the photo shoots.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »