Author Topic: Leafs & Habs talking trade?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Leafs & Habs talking trade?
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:12:29 AM »
According to a report from RDS, the Leafs have asked about forward Michael Bournival and prospect Christian Thomas (Steve Thomas' son). Here's the report (translated via Google):

The Toronto Maple Leafs are informed about Michaėl Bournival and Christian Thomas, in that RDS has learned.

The Leafs are found in the camp of vendors and more players are likely to leave the Canadian metropolis.

The interest of the Toronto organization would be higher for Bournival, but they have also raised questions about Thomas.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/le-coin-des-rumeurs-1.2140413

The Habs obviously wanted Franson before the start of the season, maybe they're trying again?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:18:42 AM by CarltonTheBear »

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Leafs & Habs talking trade?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »
According to a report from RDS, the Leafs have asked about forward Michael Bournival and prospect Christian Thomas (Steve Thomas' son). Here's the report (translated via Google):

The Toronto Maple Leafs are informed about Michaėl Bournival and Christian Thomas, in that RDS has learned.

The Leafs are found in the camp of vendors and more players are likely to leave the Canadian metropolis.

The interest of the Toronto organization would be higher for Bournival, but they have also raised questions about Thomas.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/le-coin-des-rumeurs-1.2140413

There's not much I'd trade for either or both.

Maybe Robidas or something useless like Holzer, but neither of those guys will have much of a career IMO.

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »
Thomas has some appeal from a nostalgic POV, but, outside of that, I'm not super interested in either of them. Not for any of the Leafs' more appealing trade assets, at least. They both come across as replaceable parts.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »
I would imagine that these guys would be throw-ins along with a draft pick for any of Franson/Winnik/Santorelli. They look like cheap, serviceable NHLers with a bit of potential in them. Could use them if the team is purged.

Offline Manson

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »
I seriously hope they don't make any sort of trade with each other, especially not for Kessel.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
There really aren't a lot of pieces on Montreal that I like enough to trade with them.  Maybe something more minor like Winnik for a draft pick type trades, but I'm not keen on a bigger deal.  I don't think we could pry Galchenyuk away from them and he would really be the one guy I would be excited about aquiring.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »