Author Topic: 2018 MLB Thread  (Read 302 times)

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
2018 MLB Thread
« on: January 29, 2018, 01:32:59 PM »

In "Goodness Gracious, that was still around?" news, the Indians today have announced that this year will be the last one where the team wears the Chief Wahoo logo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/sports/baseball/cleveland-indians-chief-wahoo-logo.html
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline cabber24

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 MLB Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »

In "Goodness Gracious, that was still around?" news, the Indians today have announced that this year will be the last one where the team wears the Chief Wahoo logo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/sports/baseball/cleveland-indians-chief-wahoo-logo.html
Why one more year? Especially since the acknowledgement of it being racist? Ridiculous. Does commonsense even exist anymore?

Good God, that logo looks like something out of Grandpa's 1923 comic book found stashed away in his attic.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:49:36 PM by cabber24 »
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:45:51 AM »
Quote from: cabber24
Why one more year? Especially since the acknowledgement of it being racist? Ridiculous. Does commonsense even exist anymore?
[/quote

I agree that it's tough to read the logic on this one but my guess is that Cleveland only agreed to the change at MLB's insistence and the one year grace period is the compromise they agreed on.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:38 AM »
Jerry Howarth is retiring from calling Blue Jays games.  What a long run.  I'll miss him.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline Captain Canuck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »
Jerry Howarth is retiring from calling Blue Jays games.  What a long run.  I'll miss him.

Yeah it will be strange not hearing his voice on the radio calling Jays games anymore. Lots of good memories growing up listening to Tom and Jerry.

Hopefully they bring in someone half decent as a replacement. Mike Wilner is a smug, corporate slug, douche!

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »