Author Topic: Getting Out Shot Every Night!!!  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Zee

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Out Shot Every Night!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
Man, a coach gets a team to the playoffs for the first time in 9 years and he's getting fired after losing game one...Sheesh.

Tyler Bozak was the first number one centre to get this team into the playoffs in 9 years and most people want him gone.

He was the only player doing anything positive last night, other than Reimer.

JVR was better than either of them.  Reimer had an off-night.  Wasn't the problem, but was an off-night.

Yeah, I forgot about JVR. Although he started strong and then went invisible, like everyone else. I compliment Bozak strictly on doing well against Bergeron on faceoffs.

And I actually thought Reimer played pretty well, other than that one long-distance shot.

Take the bad goal away from Reimer, and a little luck on the post hit by JVR and/or breakaway chance by Bozak and the final score doesn't look so bad.  Yes they were outplayed but the doom and gloom today from a lot of Leafs fans is a bit over the top.  Hopefully they win game 2 and it'll get everyone back on the bandwagon.

Offline Potvin29

• Sittler Status
  • Auston 20:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 03:49:22 PM »
Man, a coach gets a team to the playoffs for the first time in 9 years and he's getting fired after losing game one...Sheesh.

Tyler Bozak was the first number one centre to get this team into the playoffs in 9 years and most people want him gone.

He was the only player doing anything positive last night, other than Reimer.

JVR was better than either of them.  Reimer had an off-night.  Wasn't the problem, but was an off-night.

Yeah, I forgot about JVR. Although he started strong and then went invisible, like everyone else. I compliment Bozak strictly on doing well against Bergeron on faceoffs.

And I actually thought Reimer played pretty well, other than that one long-distance shot.

Yeah he certainly wasn't bad or anything, but the SV% (.900) is lower than he's typically put up this season.  So we didn't see him at that level in game 1.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »
For those of you not too fond of Kostka, he has a broken finger from Last nights game and is out indefinitely.
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline mjmgrand

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »
For those of you not too fond of Kostka, he has a broken finger from Last nights game and is out indefinitely.

I promise you that Michael Kostka will never play another game for the Maple Leafs. This is him being allowed to sit gracefully. He is absolute garbage.

Other players who are playing their last games as Leafs:

MacArthur, Clarke

Liles, Jean-Michael

Bozak, Tyler

Offline Bonsixx

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »

I promise you that Michael Kostka will never play another game for the Maple Leafs. This is him being allowed to sit gracefully. He is absolute garbage.

MacArthur, Clarke

Liles, Jean-Michael

Bozak, Tyler

Hmmm ... are you about to go on a murderous rampage?

Jalili

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »
Patrce Bergeron is a prime example of tilting puck possession in the Bruins favour. You'll see him consistently winning battles along the boards and he's tops in the league at winning faceoffs. Plus he's a terrific two-way player, like a star version of McClement.

Read this stat on Twitter last night:

At 5v5 since 2010, when Bergeron/Chara are on the ice together, the Bruins have outscored the opposition 74-25.

That's impressive.

That's remarkable.

Those two are definitely the heart and soul of their team.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2013, 07:03:43 PM »

MacArthur, Clarke

Liles, Jean-Michael

Bozak, Tyler

Lol.
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline The Good, The Bad & the Jokinen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
That's a product of this team.

They possess very weak if not non-existent board work, which includes cycling in and out of our zone. This type of play encourages possession of the puck, helps establish offensive zone setup, and makes it easier for a team to play defense, since shoveling it along the boards will become an option you can control. It is also a major part of playing dump and chase, since most every dump is no doubt followed by a battle along the boards.

The Leafs don't have this, which leads to giveaways, low offensive zone time, low puck possession time, hemmed in our own zone and so on and so forth.

We saw all this come together tonight against a team that plays that style so much better than we do.

The unfortunate thing is that it's not fixable without bringing in new players, so it's unlikely to change in the course of the last 3 games we have remaining.

Jesus you are a troll thru and thru. If you really believe that we're gonna get swept why not just call it a year and stop posting. Your negativity is boggling and your view of the team is sadly skewed to the far left.
"I'd have my ---- out if I scored four goals" Joe Thornton

Boyd Devereaux tried to lose. He was just so horrible when he tried to shoot wide he accidentally score 3 times.

Offline Brystine

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
That's a product of this team.

They possess very weak if not non-existent board work, which includes cycling in and out of our zone. This type of play encourages possession of the puck, helps establish offensive zone setup, and makes it easier for a team to play defense, since shoveling it along the boards will become an option you can control. It is also a major part of playing dump and chase, since most every dump is no doubt followed by a battle along the boards.

The Leafs don't have this, which leads to giveaways, low offensive zone time, low puck possession time, hemmed in our own zone and so on and so forth.

We saw all this come together tonight against a team that plays that style so much better than we do.

The unfortunate thing is that it's not fixable without bringing in new players, so it's unlikely to change in the course of the last 3 games we have remaining.

Jesus you are a troll thru and thru. If you really believe that we're gonna get swept why not just call it a year and stop posting. Your negativity is boggling and your view of the team is sadly skewed to the far left.

I call it like I see it. Watching the Ottawa game? That's why we had to draw Montreal.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »

MacArthur, Clarke

Liles, Jean-Michael

Bozak, Tyler

HaHaHaHa I thought the same exact thing.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »

Damn, I'm going to miss him almost as much as I miss the penny.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline TML fan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 12:29:54 AM »
Aren't you guys being a bit hard on Kostka? It's not like he's not doing his best. It's not his fault Carlyle is insane and keeps trotting him out there for 20 minutes a night.

Offline OldTimeHockey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2013, 07:32:37 AM »
It's not as if Kostka was the only problem on defense on Wednesday night. I didn't find him any worse than Fraser.

Offline Heroic Shrimp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
Aren't you guys being a bit hard on Kostka? It's not like he's not doing his best. It's not his fault Carlyle is insane and keeps trotting him out there for 20 minutes a night.

I think I mostly just wanted to make a penny joke. :-\
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Offline bustaheims

• Sittler Status
  • 56!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 11:01:37 AM »

I think I mostly just wanted to make a penny joke. :-\

So, you really just wanted to take a cheap shot?

Alright, alright. Stop booing. I'll show myself out.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 11:01:37 AM »