Author Topic: Game 31: Leafs @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 7:00pm - Sportsnet, Fan 590  (Read 16817 times)

Offline WhatIfGodWasALeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
Game 31: Leafs @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 7:00pm - Sportsnet, Fan 590
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2013, 10:12:07 PM »
Thought it was an exciting game, disappointed with some of the defensive play, but I enjoyed it, The Nazie Dream is looking like a special player.

Offline gunnar36

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Game 31: Leafs @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 7:00pm - Sportsnet, Fan 590
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2013, 10:12:35 PM »
These are the lost points that are going to cost this team a playoff spot.

Unless you have the hands of Patrick kane, you have got to come in with speed on the shootout, it was the only reason a guy like Ott had any chance of scoring.

Just brutal, I wish I would have went with my insticnt and turned the tv off after OT.

Offline leafplasma

• Veteran
  • Blue Bones Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
Should have gone with Frattin. Probably third.
Frattin is 2 for 3 in the shootout as a Marlie.  Like Millen said if your going to deke on the shootout go in with some speed.

Offline RedLeaf

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »
A goalie please.

Bozak for Luongo?  ;)
"The Maple Leafs are like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction." --Steve Jobs for Brendan Shanahan.

Offline gunnar36

• Rookie
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2013, 10:17:37 PM »
Should have gone with Frattin. Probably third.
Frattin is 2 for 3 in the shootout as a Marlie.  Like Millen said if your going to deke on the shootout go in with some speed.

Frattin had a weak attempt Saturday.  Big difference vs AHL goalies.

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »
I pay dish network for NHL center ice.  They cut off the game feed with 1 minute left in regulation.  A$$$holes.

Great game.

Kadri is playing out of his mind.  We can't get our expectations up to much.  There is no way he can keep it up.

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »
We stink dudes....

Can you remind us again why you do this?
it's kinda his thing, like me and my bears. To be honest, I kinda miss it when Barney is away and we don't get these posts in the GDT. Like something ain't right in my world :)

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile

Offline mjmgrand

• Prospect
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2013, 10:22:31 PM »
Thought it was an exciting game, disappointed with some of the defensive play, but I enjoyed it, The Nazie Dream is looking like a special player.

Its pretty obvious that the only untouchable on this team is the Lebanese kid who is woefully outplaying all of the supposedly "tougher" Canadian and American Leafs. I am usually optimistic but this is a ridiculous, pointless loss that may well be the point that we needed to make the playoffs.

Just despicable. I hate this team sometimes.

ps. Get Liles the **** out of there again. He wants to spout off about being a "ten year vet" and getting respect from Gardiner but then he makes a rookie mistake by getting sucked into leaving his man open and letting Buffalo score uncontested from the low slot. You're kidding me, right? Let McClement take the man in the corner, and stay in front of the g-ddamn net.

The devil is in the details. This game wasn't lost in the shootout. It was lost on the sloppy errors we made on allowing the second and third Buffalo goals.

Why doesn't Carlyle call a timeout after that second Buffalo goal to send a message. I could have coached this game better. I am absolutely livid at this team from the top all the way to the bottom. What happened to rallying for Lupul after he gets a totally ridiculous suspension?

Grow some balls and play like men. You're a bunch of lazy douchebags who have no idea what it means to play with testosterone because, well, they are coddled and pampered by the most comfortable organization to play for.

Most maddening loss of the season. I don't care about the point, that's not a team point, that is NAZEM KADRI's point.

Offline mc

• Veteran
  • get the shovels
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »
So what was that thing Kessel was doing in the shootout? He picked today to try a new deke move? Not picking on him only but his weapon (his only weapon) is the killer shot. WHERE WAS THE KILLER SHOT!!

Offline princedpw

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
I seem to recall Sundin just coming down the ice and roofing the puck with a great shot.  I really don't understand why Kessel doesn't just come down the ice with blazing speed and roof the puck like he does during the games.  His release is so fast that he has a good shot of scoring.  Instead he tries to deke and quite frankly he's not all that good at it.

It took Sundin about a season or so to figure it out.  Then he developed exactly two moves.  Come down and shoot (Sundin)right side by the glove.  If the goalie hedges to Sundin's right, he roofs it backhand.  Simple. Effective. Like everything Sundin did.

Offline CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »
So what was that thing Kessel was doing in the shootout? He picked today to try a new deke move? Not picking on him only but his weapon (his only weapon) is the killer shot. WHERE WAS THE KILLER SHOT!!

Watching him in the shooutout there made me try and think how many of his goals come from dekes. Granted, I don't memorize every single Kessel moment, but I couldn't recall a single goal where he deked a goalie out. At best, it probably accounts for 5% of his total goals.

Offline Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Game 31: Leafs @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 7:00pm - Sportsnet, Fan 590
« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »
We stink dudes....

Can you remind us again why you do this?
it's kinda his thing, like me and my bears. To be honest, I kinda miss it when Barney is away and we don't get these posts in the GDT. Like something ain't right in my world :)

I'm with Glennie. How about some new material?

Offline Chev-boyar-sky

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
Love Kadri's offensive game. Feel like we might've had a chance with Scrivens playing tonight. Was surprised Reimer wasn't pulled after the 4th, though I had an inclination to get him out after the 3rd. Wake the team up what have you and an excuse to get him out because he didn't look comfortable.

Grabbo is still infuriating. No offense, ok, but sometimes he makes terrible defensive plays/has trouble getting the pucl out of the zone or makes a terrible giveaway. For 5.5M per at least do something well, please! Kulemin is looking better with Kadri (who isn't?).

The one constructive criticism I have of Kadri from tonight's game was that his line wasn't good enough in their own end. They were dominated on a good few shifts and just couldn't get the puck out.

The Kessel/Jvr/Bozak team, though on the score sheet, need to have a bigger impact on games.

Offline Strangelove

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »

Watching him in the shooutout there made me try and think how many of his goals come from dekes. Granted, I don't memorize every single Kessel moment, but I couldn't recall a single goal where he deked a goalie out. At best, it probably accounts for 5% of his total goals.

Last game - that forehand deke thing he does.  It's probably the only deke he should try in the shootout because his forehand is his weapon.  But really, he should come in with speed and either go with a quick release or else slow up and then quick release.  Meandering in without so much as a leg kick isn't going to do it.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »