Author Topic: Luke Schenn  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Significantly Insignificant

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Schenn
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2018, 11:49:29 PM »
So Luke Schenn has played 705 games in the NHL, and he is 28.  Lets say he manages to play 5 more years.  He'll have a shot at getting to 1000 games by the time he is 33. 

To put that in to perspective, Ovechkin's next game is his 1000th, and he is 32. 

Funny how Schenn has managed to consistently get put in to a lineup over the years.

I suppose. Although the issue with him here was he was never going to be the perfect 2/3 guy he was sold as and that would justify his draft spot.

But the idea that he would carve out a solid career as a Polak type? I buy it.

Yeah, his draft position does play in to this.  I mean if you look at a guy like Hainsey though, he is 37, and he'll cross the 1000 game mark some time next season.  I guess Hainsey got better over time, and Schenn started strong, but is now carving out an NHL career playing in a 5-6 role. 
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gibran

Offline Arn

• Veteran
  • Belfast Giant, Toronto Maple Leaf
    • View Profile
    • Kingdom of the Giants
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »
I'd take Schenn over Polak now....
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Offline Boston Leaf

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »
with all due respect I want nothing to do with Luke Schenn.. that ship has sailed

Offline Bates

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
Schenn couldn't make the Coyote's lineup on a regular basis, he's done.  Great guy but the game has passed him by.

Offline L K

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
So Luke Schenn has played 705 games in the NHL, and he is 28.  Lets say he manages to play 5 more years.  He'll have a shot at getting to 1000 games by the time he is 33. 

To put that in to perspective, Ovechkin's next game is his 1000th, and he is 32. 

Funny how Schenn has managed to consistently get put in to a lineup over the years.

I suppose. Although the issue with him here was he was never going to be the perfect 2/3 guy he was sold as and that would justify his draft spot.

But the idea that he would carve out a solid career as a Polak type? I buy it.

I thought the narrative on Schenn was that he was probably a guy who would have excelled in the old NHL during the clutch and grab era.  His lack of speed is what limits him as a top defensive player.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »
Polak was actually pretty good against the Bruins. Funny thing he lead the team in plus/minus lol.. We need a Polak type guy but with better hands for getting the puck out.

Offline Bullfrog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 09:12:57 AM »
So, then not a Polak-type guy?  ;)

Offline louisstamos

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Treestar
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 09:29:47 AM »
I thought the narrative on Schenn was that he was probably a guy who would have excelled in the old NHL during the clutch and grab era.  His lack of speed is what limits him as a top defensive player.

He should join the Bruins then, so he can get away with it. :P

Offline Andy

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 09:37:00 AM »

He should join the Bruins then, so he can get away with it. :P

Smart idea! He could then also add punching people in the face and body slams to the ice to his repertoire.

Offline Guilt Trip

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »
So, then not a Polak-type guy?  ;)
Haha...def maybe

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 12:27:40 PM »