Author Topic: Marlies' Playoff Games  (Read 4224 times)

Guru Tugginmypuddah, Arn and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline herman

• Sittler Status
    • View Profile
Re: Marlies' Playoff Games
« Reply #120 on: Today at 01:36:52 PM »
The more I watch Johnsson the more excited I get about his potential, he was an absolute force on the Grundstrom goal and then his wraparound was fantastic.  His passes to Aaltonen in the first games of this series were sublime.

As mentioned before 4th line on Leafs next season Johnsson-Aaltonen-Grundstrom

I think Johnsson has more than 4th line potential due to how smart and easy to coach he is. I like Grundstrom as a complementary scoring option as well.

Potato GM:
Grundstrom - Matthews - Kapanen/Brown
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Johnsson - Nylander - Hyman
Aaltonen - Lindholm - Brown/Kapanen

Online Coco-puffs

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Today at 03:51:43 PM »
The more I watch Johnsson the more excited I get about his potential, he was an absolute force on the Grundstrom goal and then his wraparound was fantastic.  His passes to Aaltonen in the first games of this series were sublime.

With JvR gone Johnsson is already looking like our 3rd line LW.  Heck, if I was drawing up a lineup, I think he'd be on the 1st line:

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Hyman - Nylander - Brown
Moore - Lindholm - Aaltonen
Leivo

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Today at 04:14:12 PM »

With JvR gone Johnsson is already looking like our 3rd line LW.  Heck, if I was drawing up a lineup, I think he'd be on the 1st line:

Hyman - Nylander - Brown
Leivo
That first line would kill
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online Bender

• Veteran
  • Hot diggity daffodil!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Today at 04:42:03 PM »

Hyman - Nylander - Brown
Leivo

I would put Grundstrom in there somewhere. I do think we need an upgrade somewhere on the forwards though.... Come on Dubas with some out of the box thinking!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Online Highlander

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Today at 04:45:34 PM »

Hyman - Nylander - Brown
Leivo

I would put Grundstrom in there somewhere. I do think we need an upgrade somewhere on the forwards though.... Come on Dubas with some out of the box thinking!
I heard Don Dubas is cloning the skeletal remains of Rocket Richard, should be flying down the ice in about 18 years.  How outside the box can you get?
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
                                           Navaho Proverb

Online Coco-puffs

• Veteran
  • TMLfans Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Today at 04:48:01 PM »

Hyman - Nylander - Brown
Leivo

Given Grundstrom's age etc, I'm not sure I'd want him getting limited 4th line minutes over getting big minutes on the Marlies- at least to start the year.  If he's dominating the AHL mid-season, ala Johnsson was earlier this year, then bring him up.

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #125 on: Today at 04:48:01 PM »