Author Topic: The Official Movie Thread  (Read 88290 times)

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Temporary Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 07:04:23 AM »
We haven't seen one Potter film... I understand the last couple are a bit scary for little ones? Can anyone recommend an appropriate age to start watching from the beginning?

Offline CaptainObvious

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 11:21:46 AM »
For Kubrick fans:
http://vimeo.com/25746412

Offline CaptainObvious

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »

Offline CaptainObvious

• Marlie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
For Kubrick fans:
http://vimeo.com/25746412

Thanks for sharing that.
No worries. I'm glad someone could appreciate it.

Online Guru Tugginmypuddah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
We haven't seen one Potter film... I understand the last couple are a bit scary for little ones? Can anyone recommend an appropriate age to start watching from the beginning?

The first 4 are pretty tame.  The last couple were kinda scary in spots.  My youngest who is turning 6 in a month has watched them all. 

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »

The first 4 are pretty tame.  The last couple were kinda scary in spots.  My youngest who is turning 6 in a month has watched them all.

Cool. Thanks.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »
Just watched Horrible Bosses. Pretty darn funny... and Jennifer Aniston?  HOLY HELL! Brad, what were you thinking?

Offline Tigger

• All Star
  • You can play
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
I didn't know Hugo Weaving was playing Red Skull, might have to go see the Captain America.
"My father was born shortly after the Wright Brothers" Charlie Duke

Offline LittleHockeyFan

• BearyBest Leaf Fan
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • game ON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »

the first two are age appropriate even to about age 5 or 6. Three and four have a few incidents of violence that will scare a sensitive child, but I'd say up to age 10 or 11 should be ok. I took my daycare kids to see number 3 years ago, and the oldest one at the time was 11, the youngest (my own boy) was 8 and he was okay with it, but he can stand horror type stuff better than me (he's 15 now). The last four movies (three books,  four movies, so Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince and two parts to Deathly Hallows...) are PG 13 for a good reason. There's way more violence (although most of it is implied, the deaths mostly occur off screen) and frightening stuff  in them. There some very intense stuff, and storyline wise more than a young child can cope with. Unless the child has read the Potter books or is tough as nails, I would say age 10 or older for sure, for the last four movies.

Offline Sarge

• All Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

the first two are age appropriate even to about age 5 or 6. Three and four have a few incidents of violence that will scare a sensitive child, but I'd say up to age 10 or 11 should be ok. I took my daycare kids to see number 3 years ago, and the oldest one at the time was 11, the youngest (my own boy) was 8 and he was okay with it, but he can stand horror type stuff better than me (he's 15 now). The last four movies (three books,  four movies, so Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince and two parts to Deathly Hallows...) are PG 13 for a good reason. There's way more violence (although most of it is implied, the deaths mostly occur off screen) and frightening stuff  in them. There some very intense stuff, and storyline wise more than a young child can cope with. Unless the child has read the Potter books or is tough as nails, I would say age 10 or older for sure, for the last four movies.

Ah. Okay, maybe I'll wait a bit then. Thanks.

Offline You're right

• Rookie
  • 🖕🏻
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »
So I had to see Monte Carlo with my daughter today (parental duties). Didn't really pay attention but had a great hot dog and popcorn at none other than Encore cinema in Oakville. Fun times!
There's valid reasons for the limited interest. Get out of your basement if you dare. The real world will bend you over.
Adios Chachi

Online CarltonTheBear

• Global Moderator
  • Sittler Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 08:16:53 PM »
Watched a movie called Bronson a few nights ago (about the prisoner, not the film star). Starred Tom Hardy as Charles Bronson. Thought it was very well done. Hardy was great. He's putting together a very impressive looking resume. Last year he was in Inception and next year he's in TDKR. He's also starring in two films this year which are speculated to do some damage at the Oscars in Warrior and Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy. 

Offline J-Ho Fan

• Prospect
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 12:38:59 AM »
Saw horrible bosses tonight, absolutely hilarious. Jennifer Anistion was great(and yes, what WAS brad thinking?) And I enoyed Jasilon Day as well

Offline Nik the Trik

• Sittler Status
  • Some Guy On a Message Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »

Just saw Dear Zachary. Don't know if a movie has ever hit me as hard as it did. What a stupid country we live in.
Give a man the reputation of an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon
-Mark Twain

TMLfans.ca

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »